Plan International Ghana, an international Child-Centered Community Development organization, is looking for dynamic and results-oriented persons to fill the position outlined below: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist Job Purpose
• This position is to coordinate and support the successful implementation of complimentary Basic Education (REACH) project by conducting monitoring and evaluation and the dissemination of the results in the project implementation districts. The position holder ensures those results are used in a way to improve the quality of the projects. Duties and Responsibilities
• In Consultation with Plan International Ghana MER Specialist and the Project Manager, develops a comprehensive monitoring framework and the collection of relevant data on the REACH project in reference to the project log frame
• Coordinates activities on all studies (baseline, feasibility, monitoring and evaluations) on the REACH project.
• Works with District Directorates of Ghana Education Service, Municipal and District Assemblies in the project locations to collect and analyse data on number of school for life (SfL) classes (School attendance on the part of learners and facilitators, school.
• Management committees, Local committees are functional (by sex) and children (by sex) enrolled and completed their (9) nine-month course in literacy and numeracy
• Manages the EAC approved software for tracking key project indicators
• Trains the Project Managers, District Coordinators, Field Supervisors in quality data collection and analysis on SfL classes, attendance of learners/facilitators, mainstreaming and progression of learners in formal education system
• Conducts quality data assessment submitted buy Regional and District Coordinators, Field Supervisors for uploading unto EAC MER framework and submits report to Plan International Ghana MER Specialist for review
• Using EAC online reporting system, uploads relevant data on REACH project online on EAC MER framework
• Liaises with the Ministry of Education, Ghana Education Service, Statistical Service to establish and validate data on Out-of-School Children (OOSC), school enrollment and retention in the country and the project locations
• Continually tracks learners access to literacy and numeracy primers and other supplementary learning materials
• Facilitates tracer studies on REACH graduates mainstreamed into the formal education system in terms of their school retention, completion and learning outcomes
• Works with project Regional and district coordinators, other district directorates of GES and District Assemblies in the project locations to collect data on number of established SfL classes, number of facilitators recruited (by sex), number with Teaching and Learning Materials including desks and tables for Learners, chalks, pencils, books etc.
• Fulfills Plan's Child Protection Policy at all times to ensure children are protected from all forms of abuse
• Conducts quarterly monitoring/field visits to learning centres and formal schools and submit report to the Project Manager
• Support project team and Plan International Communication Specialist to document best lessons and best practices Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Development Studies
• At least 3 years experience in a program monitoring, evaluation or research position
• Knowledge in Education Information Management System (EMIS) with be an advantage
• At least 3 years working with an INGO line Plan
• Good knowledge of data management software (SPSS, Epi Info, EXCEL, Word, Power Point, Access)
• Proficient in Microsoft applications and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g word processing, spreadsheet, database internet. Location:
Tamale How to Apply For the Job
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the email address provided below.
• Detailed curriculum vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of job responsibilities, together with a cover letter.
• Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualification, as well as national service certificate (if applicable)
• Names, e-mail addresses adn telephone numbers of three(3) referees (work-related)
• Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
Email: [email protected]
OR Delivered Directly to:- Plan International Ghana Country Office, No. 10 Yiyiwa Street, Abelemkpe, Accra Closing Date:
30 September, 2015