VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place. Role overview
• VSO Ghana is an implementing Partner (IP) of the Cocoa Life Programme in the Eastern Region of Ghana.
• The Cocoa Life Programme is been expanded to 116 communities in 3 districts namely Atwima Mponua District, Asunafo South District and Ahafo Ano North District in the Ashanti and Brong Ahafo Regions.
• The programme aims at improving the productivity of cocoa farms and farmers’ incomes from cocoa production, diversification of cocoa farmers’ incomes into livelihoods activities complementary to cocoa farming and improving cocoa communities’ access to quality social services, and institutional strengthening/engagement. Gender, sustainable environmental management and child labour are cross-cutting themes being addressed as well.
• Thus, VSO Ghana is seeking to recruit a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator (1) to join its team.
• The MEL Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) functions are delivered and providing evidence of our impact, contributing to learning, and improving MEL at the project design and delivery stages.
• S/he will work closely with the other Cocoa Life programme staff and will be expected to lead on MEL system implementation including monitoring, accountability initiatives, support evaluations, compile lessons learnt.
• The post holder will be expected to mentor and/or ensure capacity building for the Cocoa Life team.
• The position reports to the Programme Manager and is located in one of the districts mentioned above. Qualification Required & Experience Skills, qualifications and experience required
• The successful candidate will be dynamic, proactive and strategic, with proven experience in monitoring and evaluation work, community development work, project management and effective team player, possessing excellent interpersonal and communications skills, strategic thinking, leadership, representation, networking and partnership-building capacities. Location:
Nyinahin, Ashanti Region How To Apply For The Job
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for.
To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
05 January, 2016