Plan International Ghana is looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist to effectively lead the monitoring, evaluation and learning activities for a project titled “Women’s Innovation for Sustainable Enterprises (WISE)”. The WISE Project seeks to leverage the enormous potential and agency of Ghanaian women entrepreneurs aged 19 to 55 years in rural and peri-urban areas by employing both demand- and supply-side interventions to contribute to increased realization of rights to economic empowerment, well-being and inclusive economic growth in 3 districts in Bono and Ahafo regions (Sunyani Municipal, Tano North and Techiman Municipal) and 2 districts in Northern region (Kumbungu and Tolon). The project will start in February 2020, has a duration of 4 years, and a budget of over 5.5 million EUR.
Dimensions of Role:
• The MEL Specialist will be responsible and ultimately accountable for developing and implementing the project’s MEL system, including the management of the project MIS, in close collaboration with Plan International Canada counterparts, providing capacity development in MEL to partner organisations, and implementing the project’s knowledge management system with the objective of improving program effectiveness.
• The MEL Specialist will work closely with community organisations, NGOs, the Private Sector including Association of Ghana Industries, Ministry of Food and Agriculture, other decentralized agencies of the Government, private stakeholders, and Plan programme staff to implement appropriate tools and data collection techniques to systematically measure project progress and ensure continuous learning.
• The incumbent should possess a passion for working for women’ rights and/or improving their socio-economic standing.
• The post-holder will be based in Tamale but travel to project districts where the WISE project operates for approximately 50% of her/his time.
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
• Management of MEL System: Lead the participatory development and implementation of the project’s MEL system. A strong understanding of results-based management, gender transformative programming and measurement, and technical proficiency in mixed methods, data collection, analysis and presentation is essential.
• Monitoring and evaluation system, tools and processes are developed in a participatory manner with implementing organizations and structured for measuring the results of the project.
• The project’s Performance measurement framework and detailed M&E plan are finalized and validated with relevant stakeholders; and are inclusive of women’s socio-economic empowerment domains and indicators.
• Routine project monitoring of project processes, beneficiaries, outputs and outcomes is undertaken. This includes qualitative and quantitative tool design and development; data collection, cleaning and compilation; analysis, validation and sharing with relevant stakeholders.
• Ability to integrate indices designed as composite measurements that aggregate, rank and summarize multiple indicators and data points related to women’s empowerment, agency and decision-making.
• Oversight of the Management Information System for the project provided, including hiring and management of the database development consultant, and overall management of the established cloud-based MIS, ensuring completeness and accuracy of the data collected and stored.
• Technical oversight and direction for baseline, midline and endline studies is provided, inclusive of developing Terms of Reference and ensuring consultants deliver high quality reports (support in verifying the methodology, the relevance of the tools, and the quality of the report submitted) and value for money.
• Ensures MEL strategies in gender equality and women’s economic empowerment are responsive to the context, implemented consistently across all project activities (start-up to close-out), and adhere to best practices in the sector.
• Responsible for ensuring all monitoring and evaluation activities are conducted in line with Plan International’s child protection/safeguarding and ethical principles and promote accountability to beneficiaries.
• Capacity Development & Relationships: Through participatory approaches, the MEL Specialist will provide capacity development and ongoing coaching to project staff and implementing partners.
• Cultivating strong and respectful relationships with partners, women’s groups, and entrepreneurs will be an essential component of this accountability.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced degree in statistics, measurement, planning, monitoring & evaluation, development research, or other relevant fields.
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in program planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and research of complex development projects.
• Strong understanding of results-based management tools and approaches
• Demonstrable expertise and experience in developing and implementing MEL systems, inclusive of Management Information Systems
• In-depth knowledge of the processes, procedures and systems in project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation.
• Proven experience in leading quantitative and qualitative tool design and data collection techniques, statistical analysis, and data presentation and validation of results.
• Coaching and mentoring skills for building the capacity of partner organizations in MEL inclusive of design, implementation and reporting.
• Proven experience in developing, facilitating and delivering various trainings using participatory approaches.
• Experience in in directly managing staff ensuring high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity and teamwork.
• Knowledge in women’s economic empowerment programming and working with different stakeholders (the private sector, government and non-profit organisations) is an advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
28 February, 2020