Plan International Ghana
NGO / International Agencies
Job Vacancy For Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Specialist At Plan Ghana
Plan International Ghana, an international Child-Centered Community Development organisation that seeks to help excluded / margainalised children realise their full potential. In order to strengthen its Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Unit, Plan International Ghana is looking for dynamic and results-oriented persons to fill the undermentioned position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Specialist
The MER Specialist heads the MER unit and is accountable for all MER related components in the implementation process of the Programme Accountability and Learning System (PALS). The position is of crucial importance to programme quality and effectiveness
Dimensions Of Role - Summary
• Responsible for leading key PALS components, Child Rights situational analysis (CRSA) implementation, development of MER framework, Programme Unit Long Term Plan (PULTP) baselines and country strategic Plan (CSP) evaluations.
• Supports CSP design and planning including reviews of the workforce planning and the resource mobilisation plan.
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position
A. Plan International Fhana can provide evidence on the results and effectiveness of CSP,
• Leads the development of the MER framework for CSP and model MER framework for PULTP
• Leads the implementation of the PULTP baseline study as well as dissemination of PULTP documents including baseline study results at national level
• Leads the development of the ToR, contributes to the identification of the external lead evaluator, manages evaluation process for the CSP evaluation as well as reviews and disseminates CSP evaluation reports.
B. High quality and evidence-based programmes and projects through excellence in situational analysis, planning, monitoring, evaluation and reseach practices and knowledge management.
• Leads the development of the ToR for the child rights situational analysis (CRSA) according to PALS guidelines
• Leads the implementation of the CRSA
• Dissemination of CRSA results and designed CSP
• Identifies research opportunities
• Ensure that all research and evaluation initiatives comply with global standards.
C. Plan programme staff and partners have increased MER capacity
• Sets clear objectives and develops strategy for MER unit including budget
• Understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of child poverty
• Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development
• Demonstrated experience as a development professional in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programs/projects
• Knowledgeable on participatory M&E tools and systems
• Knowledgeable on tool design for qualitative and quantitative research
• Knowledge of strategic planning processes
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master's degree in demography, measurement, planning, monitoring & evaluation, development studies, social sciences or other relevant field
• At least 8 years of progressively responsible experience in design, planning, monitoring, evaluation and research in international development, preferably in education, health, child protection, household economic security, DRM, gender and inclusion.
How to Apply For the Job
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the address provided below.
• Detailed curriculum vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of job responsibilities, together with a cover letter.
• Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualification, as well as national service certificate (if applicable)
• Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three(3) referees (work-related)
• Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
Plan International Ghana
Private Mail Bag,
Osu Main Post Office,
No. 10 Yiyiwa Street,
Closing Date: 22 January, 2016