Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
• Area of Responsibility – Be Smart project in Schools, and Communities in Upper Manya Krobo, Akwapim North and Jasikan Districts of the Eastern and Oti regions.
• Responsible for the implementation of community-based monitoring and feedback systems
• Responsible for ensuring all monitoring and evaluation activities are conducted in line with Plan International’s child protection/safeguarding and ethical principles and promote accountability to beneficiaries
• Focal point for data collection and entry at the Project Level
• Member of MER unit and of the Project team
• Works with project manager and other project team members to undertake all M&E related activities
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
• Ensures that project results are achieved and reported on through the project’s M&E system
• Supports Project Manager to facilitate the design, work planning and management of the Be Smart Project in the Eastern and Oti Regions.
• Under the direction of Project Manager, ensures that government partners and community volunteers in delivery of all project related M&E activities.
• Ensures that relevant information regarding M&E, including any Terms of Reference for Baselines and End lines are discussed with Project Manager and shared with the CO MER Manager, and that sufficient time is included in planning to allow all relevant partners to input.
• With support from MER Manager, ensures that all the reviews and the evaluations planned for the fiscal year (FY) are implemented to support the Be Smart project.
• Ensures that the consultants recruited for MER provide good quality results (support in verifying the methodology, the relevance of the tools, and the quality of the report submitted) and value for money.
• In coordination with the CO M&E team and other Specialists initiate and finalise data collection tools when necessary for the project to support timely MER activities
• With support from MER Manager provide trainings on M&E and data collection tools (including MIS) to project staff and other relevant stakeholders.
• Set up and maintains information system for Be Smart project and ensure quality MIS data collection
• Supports the Project Coordinators to prepare all donor required reports in a quality and timely manner.
• Ensures that project reports for Be Smart project are timely recorded in PMERL
• Ensures that reports are disseminated/ distributed as practically appropriate to partners, communities and all relevant stakeholders.
• Ensures that best practices and lessons learnt are documented and shared for learning.
• Supports institutional learning and facilitate experience sharing within the PIIAs, CO and NO.
• Incorporates best practices and lessons learnt in the quarterly and other reports to support program quality
• Puts in place a mechanism to collect best practices and lessons learnt from the programme implementation
• Contributes to update the program strategies from the lessons learnt and best practices
• Supports Project staff with the development of monitoring tools and their usage to support quality monitoring
• Ensures Gender is mainstreamed in all Be Smart related activities and maintain gender sensitivity towards staff and Plan associates to avoid gender discrimination.
• Ensures Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Child Protection and Gender is well integrated in all project training activities.
• Fulfils Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to ensure children are protected from all forms of abuse.
• Performs any other duties to be assigned to support the achievement of organizational goals
Qualification Required & Experience
• First degree in demography, measurement, planning, monitoring & evaluation, development studies, social sciences or other relevant field. • At least 3 years’ experience in program planning, monitoring, evaluation or research
• Knowledge of Child protection, SRHR and education related programming in the development sector is an advantage
• At least 3 years experience working with INGOs and managing a donor related funded project
• In-depth knowledge of the processes, procedures and systems in project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation.
• Skills for the design, entry, analysis of excel tables, access as well as for Microsoft word and PowerPoint
• Experience of SAP, PMERL an advantage
• Experience in community based and child friendly monitoring and evaluation practices
• Good in Microsoft word, excel, SPSS and other data processing tools
• Solid writing skills (report writing etc.)
• Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
• Good active listening and group facilitation skills
• Good facilitating skills
• Committed to respecting deadlines
• Good listening capacity
• Able to make effort for adaptability
• Strong Team spirit
• Be proactive and being able to anticipate
• Capacity to work under pressure
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
31 January, 2023