NGO / International Agencies
Bachelors Degree / Diploma
Job Vacancy For Monitoring & Evaluation Data Analyst At Chemonics International
Chemonics International Inc. is implementing a 5-year USAID/Ghana Feed the Future Agriculture Policy Support (Ghana FtF-APS) Project. The Ghana FtF-APS project aims to increase the capacity of the government of Ghana, the private sector, and civil society organisations in evidence-based policy formation, implementation, research and advocacy and in rigorous monitoring and evaluation of agricultural programmes under the Medium Term Agriculture Sector Investment Plan. FtF-APS works closely with the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA), the private sector and other non-state actors (NSAs) through research, trainings, workshops, development and dissemination of policy advocacy material.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for Data Analysis will work under the supervision of the project Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist. She /He will be primarily responsible for monitoring data sources, collating, and analysing data to generate timely information to improve monitoring and evaluation data quality and accuracy.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Following up on the project Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP), in collaboration with the project technical team, to support the development of more in-depth reports.
• Assist the M&E Specialist to regularly follow-up on data collection tools for all project activities (including grantees, subcontractors and other stakeholders).
• Perform data cleaning, verification, to improve data quality and accuracy.
• Perform data analysis for reporting needs, including creating effective visualizations (charts and graphs) for reports.
• Continuously monitor data sources, collate, and analyse data to generate timely information for updating project PMP indicators.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor's degree Statistics, Actuarial Science, the Social Sciences, or an advanced diploma in data analysis
• Strong training in quantitative data collection and analysis methods required;
• Experience in Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing (CAPI) systems preferred.
• Up to two years of relevant experience working as a data analyst or managing program data;
• Demonstrable proficiency in conducting data analysis using Advanced Excel, and Access and SPSS and/or STATA or Advanced Excel is required.
• Knowledge and experience writing SQL queries will be preferred.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, a desire to learn, and an inquisitive mind.
• Strong team-work capacity required, and ability to multi-task, take initiative, and to work efficiently to deadlines.
• Willingness and eagerness to learn about, food security and women in agriculture issues.
• Experience working with M&E data preferred.
How To Apply For The Job
Send Curriculum Vitae with 3 references, and portfolio of 5 previous assignments to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Subject reference: Monitoring & Evaluation Data Analyst
Closing Date: 15 October, 2015
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.