Director General’s Office
• Annual Salary: USD 36,901 - USD 51,637
Under the direct supervision of the Director General, the incumbent will work with some autonomy and be responsible for monitoring and evaluation of GIABA programs and projects. Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish a Monitoring Plan in relation to program and other pertinent tasks, so as to ensure timeliness of interventions, proper focus on relevant concerns, coordination of all related activities for cost-effectiveness and coherence, and to introduce corrective measures rapidly and seamlessly, if required;
• Establish timetables for the required evaluation of inputs and results, both during and at the end of programs and other interventions, with a view to gaining knowledge and ensuring better design and management of future interventions, in addition to providing needed corrective measures during implementation;
• Liaise closely with the Directors of the other Divisions to ensure maximum interface;
• Establish a Plan to effectively ensure proper electronic linkage between all NCs, AML/CFT Committees, other pertinent GIABA counterparts, and even between all FIUs, making available GIABA’s expertise in the area.
• Ensure that the Institution delivers high quality outputs in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensure that monitoring and evaluation reports prepared are objective, clear, accurate and consistent with ECOWAS standards and the relevant mandates;
• Advise the Director General on matters relating Monitoring and Evaluation and as appropriate.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director General. Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in criminology, law, Programme/Project Management, Social Sciences or related domain. Experience
• At least seven (7) years of practical experience in Monitoring & Evaluation, Project Management, Development of Performance Indicators etc . A higher degree will reduce the number of years experience by two (2) years.
• Experience with a regional or international organisation is desirable;
• Working experience in a Development Aid Agency would be an advantage.
• Supervisory experience would be an advantage. Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Abilities)
• Excellent knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation techniques;
• Excellent knowledge of Research Institutions, data collection techniques, analysis and interpretation of data, and production of quality preparatory documentation;
• Good knowledge of computers, software packages, networking platforms and an ability to ensure a high level of ICT performance in difficult circumstances;
• Proven ability to plan and organize work, requiring an in-depth understanding of the strategic direction of GIABA as an FSRB as well as an ECOWAS Institution;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and maintain efficient working relationships with people of different nationalities and culture;
• Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, make timely decisions and to plan, coordinate and monitor the work of others.
• Ability to build trust within and outside the organization by motivating staff, promoting good performance and developing a reputation for honesty, transparency and accountability. Sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
• Ability to be recognized and respected by peers, clients and staff;
• An innate sense of justice and self-control in the face of any challenge;
• A good knowledge and practical use of computer systems mainly in research and analysis are necessary;
• Proven ability to advise on and effectively manage high profile and sensitive project implementation challenges,
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
• Ability to prepare and present information in a concise, accurate and persuasive manner;
• Ability to defend and explain difficult issues with respect to key decisions;
• Effective interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a complex multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective work relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
• Sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
• Demonstrated understanding of the normal practices, cultures, socio-economic circumstances and national issues within the region, including ECOWAS integration policy;
• Excellent computer skills. Age
Applicants must not be over 50 years of age at the point of recruitment. Language
Applicants must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS: English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage. Location:
Dakar, Senegal How To Apply For The Job
Applicants may use the application form to apply indicating the position(s) they are interested in.
Interested candidates should download the application form
, fill it and send it together with their CV as an email attachment to the following email address: [email protected]
• Applicants should indicate in the body of their forwarding mail, the title(s) of the position(s) they are applying for.
• NB: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATES TO THE APPLICATION EMAIL
• ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
• Applicants experiencing difficulties sending their application with a hotmail or windows live email account should forward their application via other mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information.
• Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information. Please call this number from Monday to Friday between 9AM and 5PM (GMT+1). Closing Date:
04 December, 2015