CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it. Transformation
We believe in urgent action, innovation, and the necessity of transformation – within the world and our own organization. Integrity
We are accountable to the people and partners we humbly serve, transparently sharing our results, stories and lessons. Diversity
We know that by embracing differences, actively including a variety of voices, and joining together we can solve the world’s most complex problems. Equality
We believe in the equal value of every human being and the importance of respecting and honoring each individual; we know that change happens through people. Excellence
We challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance, tapping the best of human spirit to create impact. Job Description
CARE has a vision of a world of hope where all live in dignity and security… do you want to help us achieve this vision?
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (M & E) for PROSPER II PROJECT. PROSPER II is a 3-year project that seeks to strengthen the financial inclusion of women in cocoa-farming households, empower women through agricultural and non-agricultural livelihood options, improve nutrition and strengthen the capacity of communities to advocate for more inclusive governance structures. PROSPER II will work in 156 communities in the Western Region of Ghana and associated with Cargill’s supply chain with focus aligned with Cargill’s core pillars of addressing farmer livelihoods, food security and nutrition and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
PROSPER II will be operational in 7 cocoa districts – Sefwi-Wiawso, Asawinso, Anhwiaso, Awaso, Debiso, Essam and Asempaneye, all in the Western Region of Ghana. The ultimate aim of the PROSPER project is to improve food security and nutrition and social economic empowerment of cocoa farming households. Job Summary
• The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be based in Kumasi and will be required to travel to all project communities in Western North Region at agreed periods.
• The M&E Officer will report directly to the PROSPER Project Manager, based in Kumasi.
• The M&E Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the project.
• He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the project.
• He/she will also provide technical assistance to project team in relation to monitoring and reporting. Key Responsibilities
• Responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the M&E plan of the project.
• Maintain and operate the management information system of all project training activities that is periodically updated to reflect progress and performance
• Maintain and operate the M&E Database of the project
• Generate and provide required information and data on all variables and indicators (activity, potput,outcome and impact levels) required for preparing regular project implementation and progress reports
• Implement all M&E processes of the project
• Use GIS in monitoring and Evaluation to improve the effectiveness and communications of results
• Support Project Manager to comply with Donor and CARE reporting Requirements
• Liaise with Field Agents of the project for regular documentation of project learning and best practices
• Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
• Provide the Project Manager with management information she/he may require.
• Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
• Track the performance of the project activities and outputs against expected results and adjust implementation processes to ensure the project is progressing towards the intended outcomes and impact.
• Analyze the impact of projects and promote learning by documentation of best practices. Use this information to support decision-making processes.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager
• Support the PM to design, develop and implement project strategies and plans, ensuring they are in line with the project objectives, strategies and principles, and CARE’s mission and vision.
• Support the PM to design and implement project approaches and methodologies aiming towards community empowerment, partner capacity building, partnerships and policy influence as well as lesson learning.
• Work with other M&E Officers to ensure linkages and synergy between PROPSER Project and other projects in the Sub Office and Country Office Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of a first degree in Statistics, Agricultural Economics, Management Information System or field related to development with experience in field research
• Excellent knowledge in Economics, Computer Science and Mathematics will be added advantage
• At least 3 years of proven experience with;The logical framework approach and other strategic planning approaches
• Experience in M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory), Planning and implementation of M&E systems
• Facilitating learning-oriented analysis sessions of M&E data with multiple stakeholders
• A good experience in Information analysis and report writing
• A solid understanding of rural development, with a focus on participatory processes, joint management and gender issues.
• Familiarity with a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local organizations and building capacities for self-management
• Willing to undertake regular field visit and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders
• Leadership qualities, personal and team management (including mediation and conflict resolution)
• Experience in M&E design , data processing & use of data visualization tools
• Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills in English. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders (strong demonstrable report writing skills).
• Strong facilitation, People Skills, Integrity and Resilience / Adaptation and flexibility
• Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook and database software
• Excellent Computer skills, Critical thinking, creative and analytical
• Excellent communication skills and good team player
• Experience in facilitating linkages, relationship building and networking
• Good speaking and writing skills in English and ability to communicate in Twi (Akan)
• Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties Location:
Kumasi How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to: [email protected] PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR Closing Date:
27 February, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applicants should be aware that CARE has zero tolerance for fraud and corruption, and toward any kind of harassment, exploitation and abuse.
At CARE, we know that recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce is critical to achieving our mission of ending global poverty. CARE defines "diversity" beyond the regular classifications of gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability, and includes diversity of perspectives that uphold CARE's core values. Our goal is to create and maintain a work environment that promotes diversity in everything we do. We are also committed to creating and maintaining a safe work environment for our staff, partners and beneficiaries with specific attention to protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child protection. OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY