ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
International Community School Ghana is a world-class institution providing students with an inclusive holistic and international education needed to succeed in college/university and become patriotic leaders.
We educate confident, responsible and engaged learners from pre-school through to high school. Our students take the Cambridge International Exams, IGCSE and the AS/A Level Exams.
We are looking to recruit a Music Teacher with a minimum of three years ‘working experience in planning and teaching Music at our Accra campus.
• We are looking for an experienced Music Teacher to be responsible for teaching Music as part of the school’s curriculum.
• She/he will plan, organize, deliver both theory and practical lessons and use appropriate skills and
techniques of differentiation consistent with the Music curriculum of the students' grade level.
• The teacher will teach, assess students' work and guide them towards achieving appropriate qualifications according to the Cambridge IGCSE syllabus or other syllabus agreed with the school.
• The teacher will establish effective rapport with students, motivate them to develop skills, attitudes and the knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education in accordance with each student's ability.
• Develop lesson plans, adapt curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching
techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction.
• To create an enjoyable learning environment to inspire young minds and help them grow in appreciation of music
• Maintain classroom organization and discipline.
• Provide and maintain a safe and supervised environment in the classroom and on the school grounds.
• Devise and utilize techniques which accurately measure student progress.
• Evaluate student's academic and personal growth keeping appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
Ultimately, a top-notch Music Teacher should be skilled in playing musical instruments, planning concerts for student participation, and creating after school music clubs.
Music Teacher Responsibilities:
• Teaching general styles of music.
• Teaching classical piano, practical and theory.
• Incorporating musical instruments and movement in lessons.
• Planning and implementing a program of instruction and lesson plans.
• Preparing students for school concerts and planned music experiences.
• Preparing students for practical and exams.
• Inspiring and motivating students to extend themselves to after school music clubs.
• Building relationships and mentoring students.
Qualification Required & Experience
Music Teacher Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music.
• Minimum of 3 years' teaching experience.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Choral training.
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly submit your CV and a cover letter, a letter of recommendation from your current Head and contact of two references who will be contacted if shortlisted. Applications will be acknowledged within three working days of submission.
Only applicants with a minimum of three years teaching experience in the Cambridge Curriculum would be shortlisted to participate in the exams writing, teaching demonstration and interview. All appointments are subject to identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references.
Submit queries, if any and your completed application to:
06 December, 2019