• VACANCY NOTICE NO
– 30/15 ACC
NATIONAL CRIME AGENCY LOCAL LIAISON ADVISOR
NATIONAL CRIME AGENCY
• POSITION TYPE:
GHS 2,815 PER MONTH Main purpose of job
The job-holder will need to provide support to the Drugs and Crime Liaison Officer within the High Commission, and engage with a range of key counterparts in other diplomatic missions and in the Ghanaian security system. The job-holder will report to the Drugs and Crime Liaison Officer. Elements of the main job Duties:
• To co-ordinate and forward to the Liaison Officer all information received from UK sources (within the High Commission and from the UK), all local law enforcement agencies, and liaison officers and other counterparts in other diplomatic missions
• To manage the Liaison Officer’s office information system, including paper and electronic record-keeping
• To maintain oversight of a series of UK Government-funded programmes, especially monitoring and evaluating their impact, producing narrative reports to deadlines
• To support delivery of programmes through liaison with local partners, including local law enforcement agencies
• Assisting the Liaison Officer in research and the preparation of criminal intelligence reports for UK and local law enforcement agencies, drawing out material of use in strategic and statistical analysis
• To monitor Ghana’s media reporting of domestic and international crime, including cross-border crime, identifying new threats and trends
• To undertake general office duties, maintaining and updating filing systems and contacts lists
• To translate reports and letter from French – English and English – French depending on language capability (see below) Working patterns
• The successful candidate will need to show some flexibility over working hours, as they may on rare occasion be unsociable;
• The candidate may also have to travel to other countries in the region from time to time Qualification Required & Experience
• Essential on arrival: Strong IT skills using Microsoft software
• Desirable: A working knowledge of French
• Personal organisation, communication and self motivation skills should be demonstrated Key competences required
• Delivering at Pace
• Collaborating and Partnering
• Delivering a Quality Service
• Seeing the Big Picture Language requirements
Be able to read and write English Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job NOTE:
All applicants must be legally able to work in Ghana with the correct visa/status or work permit.
• The British High Commission in Accra is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
• Staff members recruited locally by the British High Commission in Accra are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Ghanaian employment law.
• Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff, are able to work within the BHC/BCG but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
• Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
• If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Note: Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited. To Apply
Due to the stringent screening requirement, candidates should either be UK, US, Canadian, Australian or New Zealand nationals, or have an extensive recent (within last five years) footprint in the UK.
All applicants should submit a short (1 page maximum) covering letter stating why they are a suitable candidate for the position along with a copy of their CV in English and the attached Application form
, by email to: [email protected]
Please submit only the requested documents. Please also ensure that your email including attachments is no larger than 2 megabytes, otherwise it may be rejected by your email system or the systems through which it will pass en route to us.
Internal applicants should also submit the above, with a copy of their most recent (last 24 months) appraisals to the same email address.
All candidates: Please quote in the subject line, of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 30/15 ACC, and the position you are applying for.
Internal candidates, and spouses of diplomatic officers: Please quote in the subject line, of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 30/15 ACC, and the position you are applying for, and also indicate that you are an internal candidate, or spouse of a diplomatic officer.
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Closing Date:
14 August, 2015