Duties and Responsibilities
• The activities will include a consultative process with local and national stakeholders, participation from the key actors and capacity building of host institutions as required.
• The mitigation programme builds on the policies and measures included in Ghana’s Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC), and its REDD+ strategy whilst ensuring compliance with UNDP’s social and environmental and fiduciary management standards and other relevant market-based provisions. Specifically, the selected candidate will:
• Participate in kick-off meeting with Ghana Forestry Commission and UNDP on the MRV workplan
• Develop individual workplan to contribute to overall MRV workplan
• Research and compile existing data and information on forest-related emissions and removals in programme area and through desk review and expert outreach and contribute to summary technical report.
• Provide analysis to support estimation of mitigation potential of planned interventions, including selection of methodologies/approaches for each activity/intervention.
• Support the process to interpret and correct maps.
• Identify data gaps, research and data compilation to complete market standard requirements including analysing effect of any other carbon sale and purchase agreements on the proposed programme.
• Additional support as needed related to items 3-6 listed above, including technical discussions and other communication with the Forestry Commission throughout the feasibility assessment period.
• Contribute to report writing for Forestry Commission reports and feasibility study report, organise meetings and liase with the Climate and Forest Team on a regular basis in order to ensure that deliverables are submitted in a timely manner. Qualification Required & Experience Min. Academic Education
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience in geography, forestry, natural resource management, climate-change policies and/or other relevant field.
• Min. years of relevant Work experience
• Minimum of 5 years practical/progressive working experience in Ghana on environment issues, including climate change, forest carbon and REDD+ Required skills and competencies
• Extensive experience on forests and REDD+ is essential, including GIS/spatial analysis
• Experience with carbon markets standards and methodologies, particularly Verra/VCS methodologies, and the Jurisdictional and Nested REDD+ Framework specifically Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
21 July, 2021