UNESCO is looking to recruit the following a National Professional Officer (NO-8 level) in Natural Science position located at its National Office in Accra, Ghana: .
• Under the authority and overall supervision of the Assistant Director General for Natural Sciences and under the direct supervision of the Head of the UNESCO Accra Office, the National Professional Officer for the Natural Science Sector the incumbent will contribute to the implementation and development of programmes, projects and initiatives under Major
• Programme II (Natural Sciences), in close collaboration with the Science Divisions at the Headquarters (Ecological and Earth Sciences, Water Sciences, Science Policy and capacity Building) and colleagues at the national and regional offices in Africa and by carrying out analysis and research of current needs/ practices/ frameworks and trends, synthesising findings, providing technical content and inputs, making recommendations for projects and activities and providing technical backstopping. The incumbent will participate and make substantive contributions in meetings organised by UNESCO and contribute substantially under the "Delivering as One" approach ,of the UN In Ghana and to the country's UNDAF processes. Qualification Required & Experience
• Eligible candidates must possess Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) preferably in the field of ecological or earth sciences, environmental or water resources or
• In other natural sciences and engineering fields with a relevant combination of professional and academic qualifications. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV to The Finance and Administrative Officer ([email protected]
) using UNESCO CV standard (http://en.unesco.org/careers/media/3705
• Copy of the detailed vacancy announcement is on the link below: http://myintranet.hq.int.unesco.org/sites/geo-mobility/en/Pages/Default.aspx
• The deadline is 19th November 2015 at midnight (Accra time). Applications that do not meet the requirements as described above will not be considered. Only candidates with Ghanaian nationality may apply for this post.
• More information on UNESCO, its mandate and activities can be found on UNESCO website: http://en.unesco.org/
. Should you have any questions on the vacancy announcement, please contact us by email at: UNESCO Accra Office ([email protected]
) Closing Date:
19 November, 2015 UNESCO DOES NOT CHARGE ANY FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS