Duties and Responsibilities The key results of the post are:
• Coordinated partnerships between relevant stakeholders i.e. ECOWAS, European Union, GFFO, and in liaison with UNDP SALW regional office and in the project countries;
• Coordinated efforts of the respective project countries in the MRU and Sahel to deliver significant reduction in the proliferation of Small Arms and Light weapons and substituting them with concrete development interventions which affect livelihoods positively;
• Strengthened capacity of NATCOMs to perform their functions in accordance with the provisions of the ECOWAS convention on small arms.
The position requires close coordination with project staff members in other countries of project implementation (Burkina Faso, Cote d’ivoire, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Liberia and Sierra Leone) to ensure smooth project implementation. Responsibilities 1. Support overall coordination of implementation of work plans for the Small Arms Project in-country.
• Coordinate and manage day-to-day administration and project implementation, providing direction and validating project deliverables of the NATCOM in Ghana for the approval by the National Technical Committee.
• Support national coordinators to formulate Annual Work Plans to ensure efficient implementation of project deliverables.
• Ensure the effective implementation of the project activities through the provision of appropriate guidelines and development of project personnel in accordance with UNDP's policies and procedures.
• Provide support to the regional team lead in the coordination of Steering committee meetings composed of high-level representation from the European Union, ECOWAS, GFFO and UNDP.
• Ensure preparation of projects progress reports as well as accurate financial reporting on all the project to steering committee
• Ensure the provision of quality assurance for the project in-country and takes responsibility for monitoring project deliverables based on the quarterly reports. 2. Provide effective support to management of the project, :
• Creation of required project entries in Atlas, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project and output status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
• Provision of guidance to the implementing partners on routine implementation of projects.
• Presentation of information for audit, supports implementation of audit recommendations.
• Quality control of project implementation in line with the UNDP’s policy on publishing project data to the global standard on International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI), i.e. update baselines, indicators, targets and results for all outputs under the Small arms project. 3. Support coordination of project reporting in line with donor agreements and ensure accurate communication of development results;
• Provide project guidance in the coordination of Technical Committee meetings composed of representation from the ECOWAS, EU. GFFO, NATCOMs, CSOs and relevant stakeholders.
• Provide support on ensuring high quality project reports, quarterly and annually for partner in line with donor reporting guidelines.
• Support the regional team lead and serve as liaison between UNDP and partners to ensure that national partners such as the NATCOMs and the CSO's are constantly involved in the implementation and dissemination of information.
• Ensure the development of accurate communication of development results for the project.
• Regularly update UNDP Ghana Senior Management on the progress and any issues of project implementation 4. Support Regional Team Lead to identify strategies for mobilizing resources and partnerships.
• Conduct external and internal analysis for assessing additional opportunities in resource mobilization for respective NATCOMS.
• Actively participate in the implementation of the Partnership and Resource Mobilization
• (PRM) Strategy for the project
• Support regional team lead in the drafting and revision of project concept papers for donors 5. Facilitate communications, knowledge building and knowledge sharing as required by the development partners, focusing on the following results:
• Ensure communication of development results and lessons learned of the project are shared with the partners as well as within UNDP.
• Actively participate to identify and formulate lessons learned and recommendations to be integrated into broader ECOWAS knowledge management efforts.
• Ensure lessons from project are shared as contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice. Qualification Required & Experience Education:
• Advanced University degree (Master’s) in Social sciences, Sociology, International relations, Law, Political Science or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Work Experience:
• Background in Conventional Arms particularly Small Arms and Light Weapons project/programme management with five to seven years relevant experience.
• 5-7 years relevant experience at the national or international level of which a minimum 3 years relevant experience in project and budget management, multi-donor relations and Peace and Security, Development. Experience in monitoring and evaluation is an advantage.
• UN or NGO experience required
• Sound knowledge of Conventional Arms, Small Arms and light weapons, Ammunition, IED’s related issues at the United Nations, African Union and ECOWAS sub region is required.
• Good knowledge of UNDP project management procedures is an asset.
• Knowledge of ECOWAS, EU and GFFO project implementation procedures is an advantage. Language Requirements:
• Fluency in English is a requirement Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
29 July, 2020