Transforming Teaching, Education & Learning (T-TEL) is a newly formed Ghanaian not-for-profit organisation which aims to become a leading supplier of educational technical assistance for improving learning outcomes and greater productivity.
T-TEL is now recruiting for several technical and operational roles with an anticipated start date of September 2020. All positions are dependent upon securing donor funds and are based in Accra unless stated. Job Title:
National Teacher Education Coordinator Reporting and Management
• Reports to Executive Director
• Works closely with Key Advisor Teacher Education Curriculum and Key Advisor Teaching & Learning Partnerships
• Line management responsibility for 5 University Lead Coordinators Job Description Responsible for the Teacher Education component of T-TEL’s work. This involves working closely with the Key Adviser, Teacher Education Curriculum and Key Adviser, Teaching & Learning Partnerships to oversee the following tasks and responsibilities:
• Organise national consultations and meetings to develop a National Teacher Education Curriculum Framework for Key Phase 5 (Senior High School). This Framework will set out the requirements for developing B.Ed. curricula for all Key Phase 5 core and elective subjects and provides the basis for the development of a proposed new Postgraduate Certificate for existing Bachelors’ Degree holders. This new qualification will focus on pedagogy to enable new SHS teachers to be trained within a period of one year.
• Work with the 5 public teaching universities to provide technical and financial support to enable the universities to prepare for delivery of these new B.Ed. and PG Certificate courses from the 2022/23 academic year onwards. A key focus of this support will be on helping to develop stronger linkages and understanding between the education faculties and subject-specific faculties in each university so that all course lecturers have a strong pedagogic understanding and are modelling techniques and behaviours which the student teachers will use when they enter SHS classrooms.
• Oversee the work of 5 university-led teams of T-TEL staff to ensure that they provide sufficient support to enable universities to deliver activities including effective implementation of the B.Ed. in Initial Teacher Education in affiliated Colleges of Education. This will include work to ensure that universities are developing appropriate Teacher Professional Learning Community (TPLC) and Professional Development Session (PDS) materials linked to the new B.Ed; the establishment of Teaching and Learning Material (TLM) Resource Centres in all 46 CoEs and work with MMDDEs and partner schools to ensure that Supported Teaching in School (STS) is implemented as intended across all 2,000 partner schools.
• Represent the organisation in public forums and meetings as required and produce written reports and updates as needed to fulfil obligations to clients. Work proactively to develop and oversee implementation of workplans and resolve problems and issues as and when they arise. Qualification Required & Experience Candidate Specification
• Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in education, project management or a relevant discipline.
• A minimum of 10 years’ working experience in teacher education project management is required
• Demonstrate a passion for, and understanding of, the value of education.
• Knowledge and experience of the teacher education sector in Ghana.
• Excellent managerial and planning skills including the ability to develop complex multifaceted workplans and see them through to completion.
• Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Line management experience and ability to form high performing teams.
• Experience of monitoring the implementation of work plans, performance and results.
• Well-organised, task- and time- oriented, and with close attention to details.
• Good ICT and report writing skills including experience in preparing donor reports.
• Independent, ability to use own initiative, ability to be flexible. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications are to be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter. Closing Date:
18 July, 2020