The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons within the University for the position of Network Manager. POSITION:
NETWORK MANAGER REPORTING TO:
HEAD OF NETWORKS
SUPERVISES Network and Telecommunications Support Engineers and Technicians JOB ROLE
To manage the network team and to lead, manage and provide operational support with respect to all aspects of the network systems for the achievement of the objectives of the University. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Strategic planning (medium and long term) based on company objectives to keep in line with new developments in IT
• Establish network specifications by conferring with users; analysing workflow, access information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
• Ensure good network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshoot network problems; escalate problems to vendors and service providers, whenever the need arises.
• Plan and implement network security by developing network access control, including setting up of firewalls, managing host security, applying cryptography to network applications, and regulating network access and applications permissions.
• Facilitate the user training for efficient use of network resources.
• Firewall administration and overall internal network security
• Design, implement and manage the network infrastructure, including components such as switches, routers and installation of additional servers
• Troubleshoot computing systems, networks, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and to resolve other operational difficulties.
• Upgrade the network by conferring with vendors, developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
• Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that regulate network availability
• Ensure that hardware, software, and network upgrades, installations; re-installations, changes and relocations are efficiently completed as required.
• IP Address planning
• Play an active role in the recruitment, performance management, development, motivation and retention of team members of the University of Ghana Computing Systems.
• Assist in the development and management of the Unit’s annual budget. Qualification Required & Experience 1. The applicant must be a staff of the University of Ghana at the grade of at least, Principal ICT Assistant and have:
• A Masters’ Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems and Business Management or a related field.
• A minimum of seven (7) years progressive working experience working experience in all areas of local and wide area networks management and administration including system configuration, setup, troubleshooting, planning, designing, implementation, and user support., of which three (3) years must be in a supervisory capacity.
• Experience in installing and supporting major server technologies and telecommunications equipment in large public or private sector organizations.
• Professional certification in CCNA/CCIP/CWAN/and or PMP 2. Required knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
• Excellent technical knowledge on current network hardware, protocols and internet standards.
• Strong knowledge of network management tools and analysis.
• Working technical knowledge of PBX, voicemail, interactive voice services, call management systems, telecommunications systems.
• Ability to communicate concepts and processes clearly and effectively in oral and written form with stakeholders at all levels.
• Ability to plan, design, and maintain data networks and servers; provide technical support to users; administer day-to-day operation of networks and servers.
• Ability to coordinate and work with teams.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Excellent planning, organising and presentation skills.
• Able to lead and work as part of a team, solution orientated, proactive and motivated with good time management
• Excellent people management skills.
• Budgeting skills
• Risk assessment and management skills. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
An applicant is required to submit the complete application pack to the Registrar, University of Ghana, P. O. Box LG 25, Legon, Accra
(Hard copy); or [email protected]
(Soft copy). The application pack should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional employees (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at: www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
• An up to date Curriculum Vitae;
• Copies of relevant educational and professional certificates; and, 4. Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked. The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
• Professional competence and work output
• Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility.
• General Contribution to the work of the University (or relevant organization)
• Interpersonal skills
• Any other relevant information
In compliance with COVID-19 protocols, we encourage all applicants to submit soft copies of their application packs to the Registrar through the approved email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to participate in a selection process. Closing Date:
23 November, 2020