Nurse Reporting to:
Clinic Matron Department:
Clinic Main Purpose
• The Job holder will be responsible for the day to day administering of nursing care to patients. Main Responsibilities
• Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
• Advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention and/or provide case management.
• Monitor patient progress and identify any changes in status, acting on those changes to insure patient comfort and safety.
• Provide daily complete and thorough report on patient status at end of a shift/assignment.
• Perform routine nursing care to assigned patients, while utilizing age specific and universal precaution practices at all times.
• Practice patient teaching/training for patients and families.
• Follow clinic policy when disposing of hazardous materials and labeling items.
• Actively demonstrate a working knowledge of nursing theory, techniques, principles, and practice in order to holistically care for the patient.
• Consistently seek educational tools in order to broaden knowledge base of various age groups, diseases, and best practices.
• Should handle and be knowledgeable of all medical equipment utilized in the care of the patient.
• Must be able to perform various sensory requirements such as; vision, speech, smell, touch, manual dexterity, fine motor skills, and hearing in order to assess and treat the patient accurately.
• Shall be accountable and responsible for each specific patient assigned while under direct supervision of the Doctor/Medical Assistant and/or Clinic Matron. Additional Responsibilities
• You shall check and administer drugs, injections, setting up drips and blood transfusions.
• You will assist with tests and evaluations and carry out routine investigations.
• Must respond quickly to emergencies
• You shall plan discharges from the Clinic
• You shall mentor all student and junior nurses in the facility
• You shall make ethical decisions related to the confidentiality of patient records. Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree Nursing and/or SRN Certification or its equivalent from a recognized Institution. Experience:
• Demonstrable experience as a nurse with a minimum of 3 years working experience in the Private or Public Sector. Skills
• Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Willingness to work in a multicultural environment
• Proven ability to work under pressure
• Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have a professional demeanor
• Have the ability to maintain confidentiality
• Possess strong communication skills
• Courteous Attitude
• Must be honest and trustworthy
• Must be respectful
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Must be flexible
• Must demonstrate sound work ethics Location:
Spintex Road, Accra How To Apply For The Job
Address to forward Applications Kindly forward your application and curriculum vitae to: [email protected] Closing Date:
02 January, 2021