Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
Secretarial / Receptionist
Job Vacancy For Office Assistant At Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
• Arrange appointments for the supervisor, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and respond to routine requests for information;
• Provide office, administrative and logistics support to meetings, committees, conferences, etc.;
• Review, record, distribute and process incoming mail and correspondence;follow-up on pending actions; . ,
• Respond or draft responses to standard/ routine correspondence and other communications; use word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports;
• Proofread documents and format texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, as well as for adherence to established standards; .
• Initiate general administrative tasks in the computerized financial/travel / human resources systems;
• Make travel and hotel arrangements and prepare travel authorizations/claims for staff as required;
• Provide assistance in the administrative processing of vacancy announcements and consultants' contracts;
• Research, compile and organize information and reference materials from various sources for reports; create spreadsheets and presentations; manage and update databases for mailing lists and other information; and' maintain electronic and paper files;
• Perform other duties as required
Qualification Required & Experience
Candidates will be assessed against the following
• Education: Secondary School Education
• Experience: Three years of relevant experience in office support work
• Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of English and limited knowledge of French.
• IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
• Good knowledge of the Organization's communication and documentation standards (house style)
• Good knowledge of FAO's corporate computerized financial/travel/HR systems & administrative procedures and policies
• Courtesy, tact and ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
How To Apply For The Job
Applications should be submitted to:
The Regional Human Resources Officer,
FAO Regional Office for Africa
P.O. Box GP 1628
Closing Date: 23 July, 2015
• Staff members: Complete form ADM 75
• Other candidates: Complete FAO Personal History Form available on www.fao.org (type "Vacancies" and click search, then "current vacancies" to select Personal History Form.
• Please note that only applications of short-listed candidates will be Contacted.