MEDA s an association of Christians who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. MEDA has been working in Ghana since 2012. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org .
MEDA has received new funding from the Department of Foreign Affairs Trade and Development (DFATD) to implement a six (6) year project aimed at supporting Ghana’s tree crops sector. The project will enhance the productivity and profitability of female and male small farmers and small enterprises in tree crop industries in Northern, Central and Coastal regions of Ghana. The project is to respond to the recent decline in Ghana’s tree crop industry. Working with a Canadian private sector firm, Tree Global Canada, and its Ghanaian subsidiary, MEDA will establish industrial-scale commercial nurseries with distribution networks reaching farming communities across the country. The project aims to facilitate the distribution of 21 million tree seedlings over a six (6) year period.
The goal of the project is to improve economic wellbeing of 100,000 farmers in a strengthened export-linked tree crops industries. The project aims to support 50 small enterprises and their employees including 25 tree-sector farmers and industry associations. The project will be implemented from 2015- 2022.
MEDA HPTS project invites interested and qualified Ghanaians and residents of Ghana to apply for the following position. The position will be based in Accra and will involve field travels where required.
The office assistant is responsible for maintaining a hygienic and congenial atmosphere at the HPTS project office. He/ she would also be providing project teams with a variety of support services to ensure a smooth running of the HPTS project office. The office assistant reports to the Finance Manager
• Ensure interior and exterior of office is always clean and equipment well maintained
• Act as reliever for receptionist, answering phone calls and undertaking other reception duties
• Assist in scanning, photocopying and binding of documents
• Assist with coordination of office logistics for meetings and events such as trainings ad workshops
• Support procurement of office supplies
• Support servicing of office equipment and furniture
• Assist with inventory management of office equipment and furniture
• Undertake other responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• Basic school certificate with at least 3 years of comparative work experience
• Previous work with an international development organization a plus
• High sense of responsibility and confidentiality
• Integrity and attention to details
• English language written and oral communication skills are required. Proficiency in 2 other local languages is preferred
• Knowledge of basic computer programs; MS word, excel and internet use an added advantage
• Ability to work under pressure in a multicultural environment
How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicant are invited to forward application letters and resumes to:-
indicating position being applied for in the subject heading of the email response.
07 December, 2015
• All applications received after the above date and time will not be considered.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.