Transforming Teaching, Education & Learning (T-TEL) is a newly formed Ghanaian not-for-profit organisation which aims to become a leading supplier of educational technical assistance for improving learning outcomes and greater productivity.
T-TEL is now recruiting for several technical and operational roles with an anticipated start date of September 2020. All positions are dependent upon securing donor funds and are based in Accra unless stated. Job Title:
Operations Director Reporting and Management
• Reports to Executive Director
• Line management responsibility for General Manager-Finance and General Manager-Commercial Job Description Lead responsibility for all T-TEL operational matters including finance, HR, commercial, procurement, logistics and grant management. Also responsible for overseeing compliance with all GoG regulations and for arranging annual organisational and programme audit. Specific tasks and responsibilities include:
• Overseeing compliance with all procedures and policies set out in T-TEL’s Operations, HR and Finance Manuals so that these are active documents which help to ensure that the organisation is managed effectively and efficiently.
• Complying with all donor-related financial management, procurement, operational, HR and reporting requirements in line with our project contract, including Value for Money reporting.
• Ensuring that T-TEL complies with all GoG regulations including those related to audit and tax compliance.
• Providing a linkage between the operational and technical staff within T-TEL so that technical teams understand and appreciate their obligations regarding operational matters.
• Ensuring that safety regulations are followed
• Ensuring that staff are kept motivated and organising appropriate training
• Representing the organisation in public meetings, events and fora as directed by the Executive Director.
• Effective oversight and management of T-TEL’s financial and commercial teams.
• Overseeing relationships with stakeholders and suppliers. Qualification Required & Experience Candidate Specification
• Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in management, administration, relevant professional qualification/experience or a similar discipline.
• A minimum of 15 years working experience in project management, funds management and NGO operations
• Experience in overseeing the operations and management of a complex organisation or of overseeing significant grants management programmes.
• Experience in developing and implementing operational and financial processes, policies and templates.
• Understanding of accounting packages and ability to interpret financial and operational data including ICT literacy and competence in Excel and Word.
• Adept in handling relations with relevant authorities, suppliers and stakeholders.
• Understanding of the concepts of due diligence, value for money and ethics and transparency.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• A good communicator with strong relationship building skills.
• Line management experience and ability to develop high performing teams.
• Demonstrable ability to deliver to deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
• Strong presentation and representational skills. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications are to be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter. Closing Date:
18 July, 2020