Since 1963, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in 145 developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy, Based in Washington, D.C, ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
• The multi-year Ghana Poultry Program (GPP) has been awarded to ACDI/VOCA by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) with a goal to increase the competitiveness of domestic production and processing of poultry meat and eggs.
• This increase is expected to expand end-market "pull" opportunities for maize and soya production, supporting USAID Feed the Future objectives to raise income and employment for smallholder producers.
• GPP's strategy is focused on catalyzing efficiencies at key stages of the poultry value chain in order to reduce Ghana's dependence on imported poultry meat (currently estimated at over 90 percent of poultry meat consumption); improve profitability of egg production; expand national and regional trade; and sustainably and equitably increase incomes of male and female producers in poultry, grains, and related value chains.
• GPP will adopt a market facilitation approach to drive systemic change in targeted poultry sector commodity value chains by focusing resources on fixing the underlying structural elements and capacity limitations that inhibit sector growth.
The Operations Director provides operational and administrative leadership to the project. As the successful candidate, you will manage the main project office as well as two field offices (Sunyani and Kumasi) and ensure compliance with all legislative, donor, and company internal regulations.
• You are an excellent people manager and process-oriented professional. Your in-depth knowledge of grants, procurement. human resources, information technology, and finance will assist you in establishing effective management systems to meet the evolving needs of a multi-disciplinary team.
• You will define key workflows, detail procedures, and standard quality controls, implement office support procedures, and recommend changes as required. Your excellent organizational skills, your ability to work with minimal guidance, and to manage. priorities in a fast-paced team environment will be valuable assets as you manage, a team of diverse individuals in multiple sites.
• You are a relationship builder. You have successfully built and maintained effective working relationships with donors, project stakeholders, in-country collaborators and staff at all levels of the organization. Your ability to communicate, negotiate, advise, persuade, or resolve issues that are highly complex and sensitive in nature with persons on all levels both inside and outside the company, coupled with your strong written and verbal communication skills will be key.
• You have excellent critical thinking skills and sound judgment coupled with a proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions based on accurate judgment:
• You are able to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, can organize your work to meet deadline pressures, and are able to travel within the country approximately 10% of the time for periods of one to two weeks each.
Qualification Required & Experience
• You possess an advanced degree in management or related field.
• You have a minimum of ten years of progressive work experience including a minimum of five years in a senior management position providing administrative oversight and management systems development and implementation leadership.
• Experience working on agricultural projects funded by donors, particularly USDA, and Government of Ghana would be highly desirable.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates, please submit a resume/CV to:
09 October, 2015
• Please include the title of the job for which your are applying in the subject line
• No phone calls please.
• Only those eligible for an interview will be contacted
• Women and minorities encouraged to apply