The GCAP, financed by the World Bank and USAID, is Ghana's flagship agricultural project.The project is currently being restructured including the following revised Project Development Objective:
To improve agricultural productivity of both smallholder and nucleus farms in selected project intervention areas through increased access to reliable water, land, finance, agricultural inputs, and output markets. The restructured GCAP will consist of the following seven components:
(i) Strengthening investment promotion infrastructure and facilitating secure access to land;
(ii) Securing PPPs and smallholder linkages in the Accra Plains; (Hi) Securing PPPs and small-holder linkages in the SADA Zone;
(iv) Project Management including M&E and impact analysis;
(v) Investments in physical rehabilitation and modernization of existing public irrigation and drainage infrastructure;
(vi) Support to the restructuring of irrigation and drainage institutions of the Government of Ghana; and
(vii) Support for the development of Water Users' Associations and new scheme management institutions. Organizational Reporting:
Reports to the Project Coordinator of GCAP.
GCAP is looking for a dynamic and energetic Operations Manager (to be located in Accra) whose principal task will be to assist the Project Coordinator in ensuring the timely attainment of the outputs and outcomes as agreed between the Government and project financiers. Key Responsibilities:
The Operations Manager (OM) will oversee the entire operations portfolio of GCAP and assist the technical members of the PIU in both Accra and Tamale with project implementation. He/she will be expected to:
• Work closely with the Project Coordinator to facilitate proper project implementation.
• Supervise ail technical members of the PIU.
• Provide direction to technics I members of the PIU.
• Ensure proper coordination between technical PIU members.
• Resolve operational bottlenecks. Specific duties:
• Directly supervise project activities of technical members of the PIU including staff working in irrigation, safeguards, agribusiness, monitoring & evaluation and impact analysis.
• Serve as the focal point for technical staff, and develop sound solutions to issues and/or bottlenecks of an operational nature as key input into decisions by the Project Coordinator
• Provide the Project Coordinator with daily advice regarding project operations.
• Assist the Project Coordinator in liaising with MoFA and project financiers.
• Other functions and activities as required by the Project Coordinator. Qualification Required & Experience Essential:
• Master's degree in project management, agriculture, economics or other relevant field from recognized institution.
• Demonstrated drive for achieving results on the ground, and ability to drive others towards success.
• Demonstrated ability to make sound technical and managerial decisions that foster successful project implementation.
• At least 15 years of relevant work experience, including proven success in implementation of large-size complex projects.
• Demonstrated experience in leading a multi-disciplinary team of experts.
• Excellent people manager with concomitant interpersonal skills, and cultural sensitive.
• Experience with foreign donors and familiarity with World Bank procedures.
• Excellent communication skills in written and oral English.
• Good computer skills, including advanced knowledge about Microsoft Office. Desirable:
• Previous work experience in World Bank financed projects. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job The Chief Director
Ministry of Food and Agriculture
PO Box M 37,
For further information please contact: The Project Coordinator
Ghana Commercial Agriculture Project (GCAP)
Ministry Of Food And Agriculture (MOFA)
Po Box MB.37, Accra [email protected]
Applicants are to include direct contacts (reliable telephone, fax numbers and email address) in their applications in order to facilitate early and easy conract Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Closing Date:
13 July, 2015