Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy. Job Title:
Optometrist SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provision of high quality vision care. Prescribe, fit, and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision aids. Diagnose diseases and anomalies and identify and assess eye defects.
• Recommend appropriate patient follow-up and care options.
• Answer questions and provide advice to patients regarding vision and optical issues. Document and record and maintain records and treatment plans. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Perform thorough routine eye inspections using observation, pharmaceutical agents and instruments
• Diagnose diseases and anomalies such as colour blindness or glaucoma
• Identify and assess eye defects
• Identify patient’s visual alertness, field of vision, and hand-eye coordination.
• Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plan and other pertinent information
• Maintain accurate medical files for all patients.
• Prescribe and fit vision aids such as contact lenses and eyeglasses
• Assist with surgeries and provide pre- and post-operative care
• Maintain communication with ophthalmology, optical and support staff in order to optimize quality clinical care and service
• Provide any necessary low-vision rehabilitation and vision therapy to improve visual issue
• Promote eye health by teaching patients about proper eye care techniques. Qualification Required & Experience JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Degree in Optometry or equivalent
• Current registration with the relevant body or authority
• At least 2 years work experience as an optometrist.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of eye related disorders and conditions
• Hands-on experience with eye examination tools, such as ophthalmoscope and tonometer
• Attention to detail
• Customer service oriented with excellent analytical and communication skills, written and verbal. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
11 January, 2021