Since 1963, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in 145 developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy, Based in Washington, D.C, ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. Job Summary
• The multi-year Ghana Poultry Program (GPP) has been awarded to ACDI/VOCA by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) with a goal to increase the competitiveness of domestic production and processing of poultry meat and eggs.
• This increase is expected to expand end-market "pull" opportunities for maize and soya production, supporting USAID Feed the Future objectives to raise income and employment for smallholder producers.
• GPP's strategy is focused on catalyzing efficiencies at key stages of the poultry value chain in order to reduce Ghana's dependence on imported poultry meat (currently estimated at over 90 percent of poultry meat consumption); improve profitability of egg production; expand national and regional trade; and sustainably and equitably increase incomes of male and female producers in poultry, grains, and related value chains.
• GPP will adopt a market facilitation approach to drive systemic change in targeted poultry sector commodity value chains by focusing resources on fixing the underlying structural elements and capacity limitations that inhibit sector growth.
• The PITL will develop the strategic vision and technical activities for the Partnership and Investment Services component of the project. As the successful candidate, you will promote business models capable of leveraging co-investment for:
1) growing a competitive and resilient modern commercial poultry industry with the ability to adopt improved financial management practices;
2) increasing the poultry value chain's access to finance for working capital, input financing. and strategic investments in equipment and facilities; and
3) identifying new and innovative ways to expand the ability of financial institutions to provide appropriate financial products and services to firms across the poultry value chain.
• You will play a key role in the development of a coherent and unified GPP strategy to address the lack of liquidity in the financial sector for lending to the poultry value chain sector, and associated service sectors, at competitive rates, terms and conditions. You will also assist in establishing and implementing a special purpose vehicle to act as a temporary apex funding source designed to increase targeted liquidity in the banking and finance sector for on-lending to the poultry sector.
• You have a proven ability to innovate, motivate and develop solutions to grow agribusinesses and related service markets, and promote access to finance and investment services coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the Ghanaian financial sector and issues impacting access to financial services by the agricultural sector in general, and the poultry sector in particular.
• You are able to understand, interpret, and apply relevant government regulations and policies and can use your strong analytical, research, and problem solving skills to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make timely and sound decisions. You have the capacity to build strong, collaborative, relationships, and to communicate, negotiate, advise, persuade, or resolve issues that are highly complex and sensitive in nature with persons on all levels both inside and outside the company
• You are able to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, can organize your work to meet deadline pressures, and are able to travel within the country approximately 20% of the time for periods of one to two weeks each. Qualification Required & Experience
• You possess an advanced degree in agricultural economics, management/finance or related field from a recognized university.
• You have a minimum of 10 years of experience working in agricultural and/or business investment projects, including a minimum of five years of experience in a senior, private sector management position, preferably providing support for agribusiness development/investment in Ghana or other African I countries.
• Experience working in projects/programs funded by donors and government desirable.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates, please submit a resume/CV to: [email protected] Closing Date:
09 October, 2015
• Please include the title of the job for which your are applying in the subject line
• No phone calls please.
• Only those eligible for an interview will be contacted
• Women and minorities encouraged to apply