Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for yearly salary reviews process in terms of annual increments etc…
• Responsible for developing, and maintaining a payroll pensions, benefits, allowances database.
• Oversee the preparation of staff salaries and other emoluments on a monthly basis.
• Review and approve for processing, expenditures such as medical refunds, educational expense refunds and other staff related expenses.
• Prepare, analyze and evaluate information from the financial records and provide data and assistance to superiors on issues relevant to improvement of the financial operation.
• Supervise the preparation of payroll returns such as provident deductions and other payroll deductions and ensure the prompt payments of such returns.
• Implement budgetary control procedures and ensure that expenditures approved for payments have been provided for in the budget.
• Ensure the safe keeping of all payroll records including those relating to personnel records of officers within the organization.
• Review, certify and refer for further action, financial documents such as invoices, memorandum on expenditure request, request for payment on contract, giving appropriate explanation as applicable.
• Supervise support staff and decide on the correctness of documents processed; propose improvement and train staff on the correct applications of the financial regulations.
• Ensure the preparation of all employee contracts, temporary staff salaries in compliance with the contract agreements.
• Perform other related duties as required. Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in the Financial Sector. EXPERIENCE/SKILLS
• 5years professional work experience;
• Possession of a higher degree would reduce the required professional experience to three (3) years;
• Membership of a related affiliate body would be an advantage. COMPETENCIES
• Ability to establish credibility with managers across the Commission.
• Excellent networking, oral and communication skills.
• Ability to tolerate and manage heavy work loads.
• Must have a flexible work approach.
• Must be computer literate Age
• The officer should not be over 50 years old at the point of recruitment. Language
• Must be fluent in one of the official working languages of the Community: English, French, and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage. Annual Salary:
USD 36,901 - USD 44,469 Location:
Abuja, Nigeria How To Apply For The Job
Applicants may use the application form to apply indicating the position(s) they are interested in.
Interested candidates should download the application form
, fill it and send it together with their CV as an email attachment to the following email address: [email protected] Closing Date:
30 June, 2015
• Applicants should indicate in the body of their forwarding mail, the title(s) of the position(s) they are applying for.
• NB: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATES TO THE APPLICATION EMAIL.
• ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
• Applicants experiencing difficulties sending their application with a hotmail or windows live email account should forward their application via other mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Applicants may also call +2347034188920
for further information.
• Applicants may also call +2347034188920
for further information. Please call this number from Monday to Friday between 9AM and 5PM (GMT+1).