NGO / International Agencies
Job Vacancy For Pedagogical Research And Development Officer At School For Life (Tamale)
School for life (Sfl) has a learning and Development Centre which opens it up to share its experiences on its model with other organisations, especially those interested in replicating the SfL moedel, and public and private school in Ghana. One major component fo the Learning and Development Centre is research and development. The research and development component aminst at collectin, processing, analyzing and sharing relevant data on pedagogical skills and complementary basic education with stakeholders in education. Sfl wil also need documented evidence that can push forward its advocacy drive in Complementary basic education in Ghana and beyound.
It is based on this background that SfL is advertising for the position of a Predagogical Research and Development Officer (PR & DO). The PR&DO will be a member of the Senior Staff, reporting to the Deputy Director for Operations. The PR&DO will provide regular updates on the programme implementation to SfL Management, and assist in ensuring the necessary involvement in and backstopping by SfL to the component.
The Officer will be directly responsible for all activities related to monitoring and evaluation, research and development, keeping relevant data of all kinds on the LDC and SfL activities as a whole.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Directly responsible for all activities related to monitoring and evaluation, research and development, storage and management of all relevant data on the Learning and Development Centre (LDC) as well as other SfL best practices
• Plan and carry out research into workable methodologies to promote quality basic education delivery
• Lead in the documentation, analysis and packaging of SfL best practices
• Engage and support other (particularly field) staff in data collection for research and results-based monitoring
• Familiar with the educational situation in underserved areas in Ghana and willing to travel extensively
• Lead in marketing the SfL/LDC
• Ensure that the organisation is abreast with educational trends, openings and developments
• Assist in the development of gender sensitive training modules for the SfL/LDC
Qualification Required & Experience
Specifically, the Pedagogical Research and Development Officer must:
• Have experience in professional teacher development and be knowledgeable in current teacher training methodologies or have experience in other (related/relevant) field of development
• Be coversant with the SfL methodology to be able to assist in sharing the best practices of SfL model and the LDC.
• Have a first degree or its equivalence and with a minimum of three years working experience
• Have experience in conducing research
• Be Familiar with the educational situation in underserved areas of the Northern Ghana and must furthermore be willing to travel for long periods of time to rural communities.
Skills required include the following:
• Ability to lead and conduct research for SfL
• Ability to use PRA tools to gather relevant information from the field
• Computer literate
• Must have knowledge in creating and managing database for the organisation
• Ability to organise relevant courses for field staff on information gathering and analysis
• Ability to generate and compile reports for the organisation
How To Apply For The Job
Applications should be directed to:-
The Programme Manager,
School For Life
Closing Date: 28 February 2013