The Ministry of Education has received a grant from DFID to setup the Education Reform Secretariat to track the delivery of initiatives in the education sector. Purpose:
• The Performance Management and Accountability Advisor will be expected to provide technical leadership in the Performance Management and Accountability frameworks of the Education Reform initiatives under the Education Strategic Plan (2018-2030). Reporting to:
Through the Education Policy Adviser to the Coordinator Tasks: Performance Management
• Provide technical leadership in the design and oversight of the performance management routines and activities
• Contribute to the development of comprehensive performance management system to dove the implementation of Road maps by Reform Owners
• Support the monitoring of programmes continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as targets, milestones and deliverables
• Review the design Perform Agreements based on Roadmap, each Reform Owner and support the achievement of milestones and targets
• In collaboration with other team members and proposed modifications on Roadmaps and KPls, including meeting with ROs to approve and support the implementation of changes to Road maps.
• Support organizational capacity assessment and the development of Capability Assistance
plans and strategy for Reform Owners Accountability Frameworks
• Lead Accountability routines including Quarterly Accounting to the Minister (ATM), Self-Assessments, Midterm and End-of-Year Reviews of Reform Owners.
• Communicate proactively with all team members to provide coaching, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
• Analyze work plans, including Road maps and provide feedback on the effectiveness of execution of programme activities.
• Contribute to the drafting of Quarterly and other reports of the Reform Secretariat in collaboration with other team members.
• Link Accountability routines to the achievement of the Education Strategic Plan (2018-2030), for the purpose of developing Roadmaps
• Facilitate feedback communication with Reform Owners Results:
Develop an established system performance management and accountability routines related to the implementation of the Education Strategic Plan (2018-2030) for all Reform Owners. that systematically measures implementation of Road maps Qualification Required & Experience Knowledge, Essential Competencies, Skills and Qualifications:
• At least 10 years of relevant technical experience with education programming and management.
• A minimum of a master's degree in one of the following or related fields: project management, development planning and policy or equivalent.
• Extensive experience developing and managing performance frameworks
• Strong leadership, planning and management skills, with demonstrated experience in program planning. management and supervisory skills, and the ability to mobilize others
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently and under pressure to assess priorities, meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness, and enjoyment of the challenge of working in a fast-paced setting.
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to reach mutual points of agreement and benefit among peers and colleagues. Good communication and report writing skills Language:
Complete fluency, oral and written in English is essential Location:
Accra with occasional field visits to Regions and Districts How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CVs and applications to: The Recruiter, Ministry of Education, Accra
Via: [email protected] Closing Date:
23 December, 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted