Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy. Job Title:
Pharmacist Assistant SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• customer-focussed to work as part of the team ensuring correct and efficient processing of prescriptions and dispensing of medicines both in the hospital and retail pharmacy.
• The position also encompasses stock management at ward and pharmacy level and other tasks as required by pharmacy management in the interests of the smooth functioning of the department. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Processing (billing) of in-patient and out-patient prescriptions.
• Preparing of in-patient and out-patient prescriptions and dispensing medication to retail clients within the scope of practice of a Pharmacist Assistant.
• Processing credits and processing and compiling ethical Ward, Theatre and EC stock.
• Filing of prescriptions and ward stock transfers and maintaining TTO and ward prescription turnaround time.
• Liaising with doctors and nursing with any product queries.
• Twice daily room and fridge temperature checks and processing of medical waste for disposal.
• Maintain adequate stock levels on designated shelves. Placing orders, receiving and unpacking stock and packing shelves. stock takes and investigation of variances.
• Reconcile purchase orders when required.
• Assist with duties as and when instructed by your line manager thus ensuring you promote a harmonious team effort within the department.
• Ensure processes are in line with the working procedures and policies of the hospital. Qualification Required & Experience
• WASSCE/SSCE or equivalent
• Basic Level and/or Post Basic Level pharmacist assistant qualification.
• Registered with the relevant council
• Previous experience in a private hospital with knowledge on ethical, patent and surgical products would be an advantage.
• Knowledge on would be an advantage.
• Good organizational and administration skills
• Computer literate, accurate, attention to details.
• Customer-orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility of duty time to suit departmental needs
• Participative and able to work as part of the team
• Ability to engage various stakeholders and must be able to deliver exceptional customer service Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
11 January, 2021