Ghana Health Service
Job Vacancy For Pharmacists At Ghana Health Service
The National AIDS/STI Control programme of the Ghana Health Service invites applications from suitably qualified candidates, as per the detailed person specification indicated below for appointment.
• Ensures regular supplies of Anti-Retroviral Drugs and OL medicines to all the Regions and service delivery facilities.
• Ensures safe, good quality storage and handling of Anti-Retroviral Drugs at all levels of HIV and AIDS management.
• Provides regular stock update of all Anti-Retroviral Drugs and related pharmaceuticals on behalf of the programme.
• Liaises With the Procurement Division of the Ghana Health Service to draw procurement plans and purchase of Anti-Retroviral Drugs for the programme.
• Provides advice on issues arising out of Anti-Retroviral Drugs purchase,
• Collaborates with the logistics officers of the Ghana Health Service for an effective LMIS for ARVs.
• Leads in the planning of annual quantification, forecasting and review of HIV medicines in accordance with global best practice.
• Supervises the work of the NACP Logistics officer.
The compensation package is very competitive.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Should be a qualified and professional pharmacist with at least 5 years working experience in public health related programme management
• Be conversant with the Ghana Health Service Pharmaceutical ethics and policies
• Being conversant with HIV Drugs and commodities would be an advantage
• Be able to liaise with the other units especially Procurement Division of the Ghana Health Service for effective procurement and distribution of HIV Drugs and Logistics.
• Must have knowledge and capacity in Logistics management and Information Systems for health products.
• Must pay attention to details and be able to submit reports on time
• Be able to work in a team and also independently under pressure
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons who meet the above requirement should submit two sets of application with the under-listed documents in A4 size envelope with the position being applied for written at the top left hand corner of the envelope:
• Application letter
• Detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone numbers of at least two (2) referees
• Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications should be delivered by hand or express mail to:
The Director (HRD)
Ghana Health Service
Private Mail Bag
Closing Date: 06 January, 2016