Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy. Job Title:
Physiotherapist SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• to be part of a team of staff in the Physiotherapy Department responsible for the provision of a safe, efficient, high quality service working in accordance with Physiotherapy Department protocols.
• The post holder will be required to provide a high standard of assessment, advice, treatment and evaluation of patients referred. This may include patients with diverse presentations and complex physical and psychological conditions. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Be responsible for your own caseload.
• Responsible for producing high quality patient documentation
• Ensure processes are in line with the working procedures and policies of the Hospital.
• Maintain complete confidentiality of all material and information to which you have access or process in keeping with the Hospital policy.
• Perform advanced and detailed assessments with patients presenting with more diverse and complex conditions, providing a diagnosis and develop and deliver an individualised specialist treatment programme.
• Be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work including the management of patients in your care. To manage clinical risk within own patient caseload.
• Carry out all work as an autonomous practitioner maintaining records as such.
• Provide a comprehensive assessment; aims and objectives, treatment plan and progression using advanced clinical reasoning based on evidence based practise. Evaluate progress and adapt accordingly. This will involve patients with diverse or complex /multi-pathologies.
• Discharge planning and arranging for further Physiotherapy needs upon discharge. Advice and education as required to patients, relatives and carers.
• To support and participate in the delivery of the weekend/extended hours rota.
• Responsibility for the provision and safety of equipment, electrotherapy and all appliances used by patients, staff and self.
• Ensure own practise meets required professional standards; ensure that you are competent and safe in all treatments, education and advice to all involved.
• Must be fit and able to be able to carry out assessments and treatment programmes using high levels of dexterity, co-ordination and sensory information on a daily basis. Qualification Required & Experience KEY SKILLS AND QUALITIES
• WASSCE/SSCE or equivalent
• Diploma/degree in Physiotherapy
• Professional registration as a Physiotherapist
• At least 2 years post graduate Physiotherapy Therapy experience having completed all core rotation preferably in a private healthcare setting.
• Respiratory on call competent
• Clear concise verbal and written communication in English
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Ability to organise and prioritise and to work well under pressure
• Detailed understanding of a wide range of medical conditions
• Professional, self-motivated, and able to accept responsibilities and use initiative
• Computer literate – must be accurate and pay attention to detail
• Good organisational, timekeeping, analysing and planning skills along with very good communication, motivation and negotiation persuasion skills
• Ability to engage various stakeholders and must be able to deliver exceptional customer service. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
11 January, 2021