AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Plant Operator. ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The purpose of the role is to monitor, control and adjust the section in which they are operational, under the supervision and authorization of the Sectional Leads, so as to fulfill the operating purpose of the section for the shift.
• The operators are responsible for controlling and recording various parameters such as tonnage throughput, temperatures, slurry density, reagent mixing and dosing. This role is being augmented with a SCADA system which aids the operator in many of these functions. The Plant Operator, in conjunction with the Control Room Operator, must understand the current plant situation, compare it to a desired situation and be able to adjust or control the plant to either return to optimum performance or be maintained in the optimum state.
• The plant operators are also responsible for the housekeeping and are tasked to conduct certain maintenance functions such as checking cyclone measurements and ball loads in the mill. Housekeeping operations may not be specifically limited to the areas in which the operators are assigned, and the operators may be called upon to assist with housekeeping in any section of the plant or mine as needed. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Actively promote and partake in Health, Safety and Environmental actions and improvements
• Compliance with Legal Instruments (LI’s) and Codes as laid down by the Republic of Ghana
• Partaking in and actively driving housekeeping and loss control
• Constant monitoring and adjustment of plant processes to:
• Achieve Au production targets for the shift
• Achieve Throughput targets for the shift
• Minimise downtime
• Use of plant mechanical and electrical equipment in a manner that protects and prevents unnecessary damage or wear
• Cost control of production consumables, such as reagents, within the processing budget to limit wasteful expenditure
• Sampling and sample preparation
• Reagent mixing and dosing
• Recording and reporting chemical stock levels to prevent stock outages.
• Constant assessment and challenging of the status quo to identify and align operations to best practice
• Prediction of impending process upsets with possible remedies / preventions and in the event of not being able to pre-empt the problem, alerting your supervisor of the troubles in a timeous manner
• Completing and analyzing shift logsheets Qualification Required & Experience
• Senior High School Certificate with strong mathematical understanding Experience
• 5 – 10 years Gold Plant experience Technical Competencies
• Must be able to record in detail the plant logsheets and reports
• Must be able to operate equipment safely
• Must be able to understand and appreciate the hazards associated with chemicals and equipment found within a processing plant. Leadership Competencies
• Self-driven to achieve targets and improve the status quo.
• Accountable Location:
Obuasi How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
31 January, 2020