AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Plant Operator - Pastefill.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The purpose of the role is to monitor, control and adjust the section in which they are operational, under the supervision and authorization of the Sectional Leads, so as to fulfill the operating purpose of the section for the shift.
• The operators are responsible for controlling and recording various parameters such as tonnage throughput, temperatures, slurry density, reagent mixing and dosing. This role is being augmented with a SCADA system which aids the operator in many of these functions. The Plant Operator, in conjunction with the Control Room Operator, must understand the current plant situation, compare it to a desired situation and be able to adjust or control the plant to either return to optimum performance or be maintained in the optimum state.
• The plant operators are also responsible for the housekeeping and are tasked to conduct certain maintenance functions such as checking cyclone measurements and ball loads in the mill. Housekeeping operations may not be specifically limited to the areas in which the operators are assigned, and the operators may be called upon to assist with housekeeping in any section of the plant or mine as needed.
• Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
• Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
• Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
• Comply with AGAG Environmental Management, compliance and other legal requirements.
• Take action to prevent environmental pollution
• Correct, or report to their supervisor, any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management.
• Follow the established procedures if incident occur by reporting to the Supervisor.
• Achieve throughput targets for the shift
• Minimise downtime
• Ensure the use of plant mechanical and electrical equipment in a manner that protects and prevents unnecessary damage or wear
• Ensure cost control of production consumables, such as reagents, within the processing budget to limit wasteful expenditure
• Prepare sampling and sample
• Mix and dose reagent
• Record and report chemical stock levels to prevent stock outages.
• Constantly assess and challenge the status quo to identify and align operations to best practice
• Predict impending process upsets with possible remedies / preventions and in the event of not being able to pre-empt the problem, alert his/her supervisor of the troubles in a timeous manner
• Complete and analyze shift log sheets
Qualification Required & Experience
• Senior High School Certificate with strong mathematics background
• Two (2) years industrial experience
• Must be able to record in detail the plant logsheets and reports
• Must be able to operate equipment safely
• Must be able to understand and appreciate the hazards associated with chemicals and equipment found within a process plant.
• Understand plant KPI’s and metrics
• Able to adhere to routine and time sensitive, possibly repetitive tasks
• Self-driven to achieve targets and improve the status quo.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
23 February, 2023