Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders. Purpose
To operate the process circuits of the Ahafo Process plant and perform all lining duties in a safe and competent manner, whereby optimum production is achieved. Essential Duties
• Monitor and record the operating performance of the process circuit and make appropriate changes to ensure that optimum production is achieved.
• Inform the Supervisor of any changes that may affect optimum production.
• Maintain a high housekeeping standard in each of the process circuits.
• Work with the Supervisor to enable the optimum performance of the Process Plant.
• Work with the metallurgical team to ensure the optimum metallurgical performance of the process plant.
• Work with the maintenance team to achieve efficient process plant equipment performance and availability.
• Participate and contribute to the development and review of the Process Operations STP’s.
• Lines all pipes, shuts, feed boxes for an efficient running of the mill
• Monitor own and peers’ adherence to health and safety measures, protocols, production parameters and standards. Qualification Required & Experience Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
• Senior School Certificate Examination. Additional Knowledge:
As a minimum, declared competent in the following Metalliferous Courses (Citi and Guilds):
• Working knowledge of process operations, particularly crushing, SAG - Ball Mill Grinding, Leach / CIL, Elution, Reagents and Tails Operation.
• Support the maintenance team during mill shutdowns and mill lining activities.
• MNMPRD105A – Conduct Valve Operations.
• MNMPRD104A – Conduct Pump Operations.
• successful completion of other Metalliferous courses (Citi and Guilds) is preferable.
• Working knowledge of processing plant lining work Experience:
• Minimum of 5 - 6 years’ operating experience in a gold processing plant, of which a minimum of 3 – 5 years experience should be in Process Plant Operating environment.
• Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ operating experience in mill lining activities
• Process plant commissioning experience is preferable. Technical Skills:
• Strong technical problem-solving skills.
• Strong operating and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong analysis and interpretation skills.
• Ability to direct others to maintain the required output expected of an operating circuit. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
27 April, 2019