PMD Coordinator - GIZ Ghana
GIZ Programme Migration & Diaspora
Head of GGC (HoC)
Assignment Period :
Two years contract with a possibility of an extension
The Global Programme Migration & Diaspora (PMD), commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), has the objective that key players in partner countries are increasingly taking advantage of the positive effects that regular migration and diaspora engagement are having on local social and economic development.
It is run under the umbrella of the Center for International Migration and Development (CIM), which is jointly implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and the International Placement Services (ZAV) of the German Federal Employment Agency (BA). In Ghana, the PMD is implemented under the roof of the Ghanaian-German Centre for Jobs, Migration and Reintegration.
The PMD Coordinator role sits within the management team of the Ghanaian-German Centre for Jobs, Migration and Reintegration (GGC).
• Responsible for the operational and disciplinary measures of the project and management of the team assigned
• Responsible for project planning from concept including strategy to implementation stage
• Supports the process of strategic programme development of PMD including the management of interfaces to other programmes
• Appraises the performance and identify training needs of the team.
• Monitors, manages and ensures teams provide cost-effective services
• Manages and monitors the PMD budget of the different components in consultation with the team member responsible for the contract and cooperation
• Supports in identifying potential new partners of PMD based on the strategic set-up
• Develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives
• Monitors progress and the activities of components, reviews, reports and documents on the progress of Joint programmes, identifies bottlenecks and make recommendations
• Identifies new potential partners, develops procedures of acquisition, ensures cooperation, and maintain regular contact and dialogue
• Exchanges with PME counterpart at the GGC and ensures good collaboration between the programmes under the roof of the centre (PMD and PME)
• Formulates appropriate input for various project/programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the HOC, GIZ
• country office and GIZ headquarters
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management]
Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters/MSc in International Relations, Public Administration or other related discipline
• At least five (5) years' experience in migration and cooperation with the diaspora
• A proven track record of managing a team
• Good Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Highly Organised, analytical and a problem solver
• Good working knowledge and practice Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask
• Excellent knowledge of IT (Microsoft Office Tools, Scanner, Printer)
• Excellent knowledge of the English language and working knowledge of German is advantageous
• Flexibility and willingness to travel worldwide
Competitive GIZ salary grid (Band 5 - Ghana), SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and a one - page cover letter to:
under the job code 2019/PMD/10/02
Please note if you do not hear from us, two weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
23 October, 2019