Tree Crops Development Authority (TCDA), an Agency under the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, dynamic and accomplished Ghanaian professionals for the following position: Policy, Research and Monitoring Manager LOCATION:
HEAD OFFICE RESPONSIBLE TO:
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
RESEARCH & MONITORING OFFICERS OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
• To manage Policy, Research and M&E programmes and initiatives that aim at improving the various operational areas of the tree Crops industry in Ghana and thereby ensuring its sustenance in the global Tree Crops economy.
• To lead teams of researchers in the development of research projects, data collection, data analysis, report writing and M&E programmes for Management’s information and policy decisions.
• To represent the Authority at relevant policy making platforms in the Tree Crops industry and occasionally mandated to represent TCDA at external forums. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage aspects of Research and M&E projects (socio-economic, market and other operational area).
• Help in the conceptualisation of research design;
• Lead teams of researchers in field data collection;
• Identify research instruments and protocols;
• Develop and implement analysis plans;
• Lead research teams in the implementation of research projects.
• Develop and implement M&E programmes.
• Write research M & E reports (as the lead or principal author).
• Manage project budgets.
• Maintain relationship with other Departmental Heads.
• Manage policy/corporate planning
• Identify relevant policy/corporate strategies for the Tree Crops industry in Ghana;
• Develop the appropriate platform for the conceptualisation of policies and corporate plans;
• Contribute to organisational strategy, structure and process discussions;
• Help develop appropriate linkage with other departments in the implementation of policy projects;
• Work closely with Director of Operations to identify staff training needs;
• Help to maintain a positive organisational culture;
• Work with staff to meet development needs of the P, R and M&E Department.
• Provide guidance and supervision to subordinate staff.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Director of Operations or management. Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in Economics/Social Science or equivalent with a minimum of seven (7) years post-qualification working experience.
• Three (3) years satisfactory service as a Research, Policy and Monitoring & Evaluation Officer. THE PERSON
• Must have appreciable level of research and project management skills;
• Must be conversant with qualitative and quantitative approaches to research and monitoring;
• Must have experience in policy/corporate planning;
• Must have knowledge of the local Tree Crop industry and the global Tree Crop economy. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To apply send your application letter and CV to: [email protected] Closing Date:
24 September, 2021