AMG FARMS is looking for an experienced person for the position of POULTRY FARM MANAGER.
AMG FARM is fully automated poultry farm.
The person MUST be living or willing to live in Kwamoso near Mamfe Akuapim or towns
around these areas.
'On-call' work may be required, because feeding equipment is in continual 24-hour operation. Duties: EGG PRODUCTION
• Advices Service Technician about production requirements and to discuss condition of equipment and status of supplies.
• Assigns workers to duties such as collecting, cleaning and sanitizing eggs and feeding and vaccinating chicken, and cleaning and disinfecting the all farm houses.
• Directs maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment such as brooder houses, layer house, automatic feeders, waters, and layer nests.
• Participates in work activities to expedite work load.
• Adjusts control program as required and monitors ventilation of houses on the farms;
• Administers medications and vaccinations
• Insures bio security measures are in place and followed.
• Ensures that egg and egg room sanitation procedures are followed.
• Accountable for implementing a rodent and vector control program on the farm;
• Prepares egg production, feed consumption and chicken mortality reports FEED PRODUCTION
• Maintain accurate daily records regarding bag ingredient and production material/equipment deliveries and bag feed production, inventory, and loading
• Inspect and monitor feed quality, weight, and packaging Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc. (Agriculture) Degree- Animal science Option or MSC in Agriculture with more than 4 years experience poultry production Key skills
• MANAGING PEOPLE
-Ability to motivate, coach, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
• PROBLEM SOLVING
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• ORAL & WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- Listens, gets clarification, interpret written information
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials proper Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Qualified persons should send their CV to: [email protected] NB:
Please type in FARM MANAGER
the subject line of the email. Closing Date:
25 November, 2021
Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted