Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the position of President.
• The President is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Institute and is accountable to the Governing Council as the academic and administrative head.
• The President is the Chief Disciplinary Officer of the Institute, and exercises general authority over both staff and students, subject to the statutes of the Institute.
• The President provides leadership in achieving the strategic objectives, the vision and the mission of the Institute, with the view to promoting academic and professional excellence.
• The President is also responsible for prudent Financial Management and Human Resource Management of the Institute.
Qualification Required & Experience
The Applicant must:
• be of a Professorial status or have Ph.D / Doctoral degree with a minimum of five (5) years in a Senior Management position in a tertiary or analogous institution or Masters Degree with at least eight (8) years working experience in Senior Management position or a Senior Lecturer in a tertiary institution.
• possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven capacity to inspire, manage and direct staff;
• be visionary, goal-oriented and should be able to establish relationship with industry for academic and Professional advancement of the Institute.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
• The appointment will be for four (4) years in the first instance, and may be renewed for a further term of two (2) years.
• Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive and negotiable
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants are to submit the following to the address below:
• Curriculum Vitae, including names, postal and email address of two (2) referees
• Scanned copies of certificates;
• An application letter;
• A three-page statement on the applicant's vision for the Institute and key strategies towards achieving them.
All applications should be sent by email to:
15 June, 2019