To roll out and train, to improve and drive pricing as a key strategic initiative.
The position plays a key role in ensuring that the importance of pricing (as a key lever) is understood at all levels and helps driving the firm’s continuing efforts towards profitable, sustainable business.
• Identify training and development needs from a pricing perspective through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation
• Design tailored pricing learning and development programmes
• Monitor and review progress through questionnaires, discussions with senior stakeholders
• Keep ahead of pricing developments by reading relevant journals, going to conferences and attending relevant courses
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of a capability to capture, re-use, and promote country pricing teams’ best practices, key learnings, proposal material, market knowledge, etc
• Set up a network/community of pricing champions
• Ensure that pricing best practice and identified & shared;
• Strategic role in analysing the ever changing market environment & identifying key risks and opportunities, to optimise pricing decision-making.
• Develop a strong network of contacts within the countries and across the Group
• Create killer powerpoint presentations that adhere to KISS principles whilst inspiring, influencing & impressing
• Identify revenue-generating price change opportunities
Qualification Required & Experience
• Undergraduate Degree – essential (preferred: Economics, Marketing, Business or similar)
• Postgraduate Degree – Added advantage
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to build relationships and credibility quickly
• Great presentation skills – capable of presenting to diverse audiences – individuals, teams, pricing analysts to CEO
• Diplomatic skills to work across a matrixed organization and be a coalition builder who can easily defend positions from a data perspective and mediate opposing views to assist in pricing decision making.
• Financial modeling
• Ability to develop new techniques or approaches
• 5-7 years of experience with proven track record in a highly analytical environment such as Finance, Consulting, Strategy, Marketing
• Either significant Learning & Development or Pricing experience is essential
• Learning & Development and Pricing experience is nice to have
• Pricing experience is essential (nice to have: across multiple industries & B2C environment)
• Confident and with the credibility to present effectively to senior managers and if necessary challenge status quo
• Results oriented with proven experience in partnering with business stakeholders with a blend of business acumen and analytical expertise
• Highly skilled in the synthesis of data and understanding from multiple data sources in order to distil it down into tangible and meaningful strategic insight
• Highly logical & systematic, team player, independent & fast learner
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click Here To Apply Online
13 April, 2015
When you join Tigo, you join a team where your skills, ideas and technical know-how can do more than contribute to the bottom-line. You'll be exposed to enormous experience, great network and a workforce full of talents with youthful exuberance.
At Tigo we are all salesmen and we are responsible for our own development. We consider each vacancy as a development opportunity for Tigo Employees and we develop both the business and people together.