Springforth International School is seeking a dynamic a Primary Academic Co-ordinator with extensive experience of teaching the English National Curriculum, who can lead a team of teachers.
Main Purpose of Job:
• Lead a team of teachers in the delivery of the new 2014 English National Curriculum.
• Monitor quality of curriculum content, delivery and assessment.
• Maintain high quality teaching and learning pedagogy across the Primary school.
• Teach Key Stage 2 students (Classes 4, 5, 6)
• Deliver the English national curriculum of the class assigned & teach children on key subjects of Numeracy, Literacy, Science, Social Studies, Bible.
• Oversee Primary teachers in their lesson/curriculum planning and delivery.
• Keep up to date on changes in the English National Curriculum and assist the Principal in the implementation of changes at the School.
• Present curriculum developments to parents/main stakeholders as appropriate.
• Organise teaching observations and model best teaching practices within the Primary department.
• Co-ordinate student Gifted & Talented programme.
• Liaise with teachers to identify students with Learning Support needs.
• Monitor and record students’ progress and academic attainment.
• Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and support colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area.
• Prepare mid-term and end of year progress reports.
• Co-ordinate student assessment across the Primary School.
• Chair meetings with teaching team to plan, evaluate and review academic matters.
• Co-ordinate Teacher-Parent Conferences.
• Liaise with British Council / Cambridge Education to support SFIS to become a Cambridge school.
• Produce evaluation reports to the Principal on academic matters.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Experience in teaching English National Curriculum
• At least 5 years primary school teaching experience
• Bachelor of Arts Degree in Education and/ or Teacher’s Certificate or Diploma
• Excellent written and spoken English language
• Strong ICT Skills
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should send a CV and covering letter to:-
12 December, 2015