St. Joseph's College of Education was established in 1948. It was elevated to the status of a College of Education by an Act of Parliament in 2012 (Act 847). The position of PRINCIPAL will become vacant from September 2020. The College Governing Council invites applications from interested and qualified persons. The Position
• The Principal serves as Academic and Administrative Head, as well as Chief Disciplinary Officer of the College. He or She is responsible for organising and conducting the academic, financial and administrative business of the College in accordance with the statutes and decisions of Council and the Academic Board. Tenure of Office
• The appointment, which is full time,' shall be for four (4) years in the first instance and may be renewed for a further term of four (4) years after evaluation of performance. Qualification and Experience The Applicant must:
• Have an advanced research degree (a PhD is an added advantage).
• Have good character and high degree of personal integrity and must be a distinguished master teacher and scholar in teaching and learning.
• Be at least a Senior Lecturer or a Principal Tutor in a College of Education or of a comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation. Applicant must also show evidence of the following:
• Demonstrate capacity to manage a College of Education;
• Ability to foster and promote good internal and external relations of the College;
• Ability to project effectively the image of the College internally and externally;
• Proven capacity to provide strong, visionary leadership and innovation.
• Relevant post qualification senior management experience of at least five (5) years.
• Must not be more than 55 years at the time of application and; extensive knowledge and experience at the tertiary education level will be an added advantage. Location:
Bechem How To Apply For The Job
• Interested applicants must submit seven (7) copies of their application package, including Curriculum Vitae, a two-page Vision Statement for the College, Certificates and any other relevant documents.
• Application must be addressed and submitted by registered courier to: The Secretary Search Committee St. Joseph's College of Education P. O. Box 15, Bechem, Ahafo Region Digital Address: B3-0021-5204
Applicants must request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to the above address or to the following email address: [email protected]
or [email protected] Closing Date:
10 June, 2021 NOTE:
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.