(OLA) College of Education
Education / Training
Job Vacancy For Principal
The Council of Our lady of Apostle (OLA) College of Education, Cape Coast, invites applications from qualified and competent persons for the position of Principal of the College which becomes vacant on 31st December, 2020.
• The Principal is, under the Direction of the College Council, the Academic and Administrative Head, as well as Chief Disciplinary Officer of the College
• He/She is also responsible to the College Council for maintaining and promoting good order and efficiency in the college of Education.
• He/She will perform other functions as prescribed by the statutes of the College
Qualification Required & Experience
• A candidate must be of a rank not below that of a Senior Lecturer/Principal Tutor. The candidate is expected to have research master's degree. A terminal degree will be an added advantage
• He/She must be an individual of stature and integrity with exemplary leadership interpersonal and communication skills, zeal, energy and the capacity for marshalling the resources needed to carry out the college's mission vision.
A candidates must also show evidence of the following:
• Demonstrable capacity to manage a college of Education
• Ability to foster and promote good internal and external relations of the college
• Ability to project effectively the images of the College internally and externally
• Proven capacity to provide strong, visionary leadership and innovation for the College
• Relevant post-qualification senior management experiences of at least 5 years
• Must not be more than 55 years at the time of application and
• Extensive knowledge and experience at the tertiary education level will be an added advantage
Tenure of Office
• The appointment which is full time, shall be for 4 years in the first instance and may be renewed for a further term of up to 4 years after evaluation of performance
• Candidates must be able to hold office for 4 years from the date of appointment
Conditions of Service
Terms and conditions of service will be specified in the instrument of appointment
Location: Cape Coast
How To Apply For The Job
• Interested candidates should submit 7 copies of their application package, including curriculum vitae, Vision statement, certificates and any other relevant documents
• Candidates should submit, in not more than (3,000) words on A4 paper(s), using Times New Roman front size 12, in 1.5 line spacing and with 2.54 cm margin all round, statement of their vision for the University College and the strategies for achieving the vision.
• Applications should be addressed and submitted by registered courier to:
OLA College of Education
• Candidates should request 3 referees to submit reports on them directly to the above address
Closing Date: 15 October, 2020