Objectives of the Ghana Academy
The Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences (GAAS) was established by an Act of Parliament in 1959, to encourage the creation, acquisition, dissemination, and utilization of knowledge for national development. It is made up of Fellows who have distinguished themselves in the Arts and Sciences and is led by a Council consisting of a President, Vice-Presidents, an Honorary Secretary and other elected members.
The Academy’s work is administered through a Secretariat consisting of the Executive Secretary and other administrative, secretarial and clerical staff. The Executive Secretary is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Academy under the Honorary Secretary, and drives the strategic plan and other policy directives under the general guidance of the Council.
Principal Administrative Assistant – Procurement
Under the Senior Assistant Registrar – Procurement and Executive Secretary, the Principal Administrative Assistant – Procurement assists in the preparation of the annual procurement plan and its revision.
Scope of Work
• Assist in tender preparations for goods, works and services within the approved threshold;
• Keep suppliers’ database register;
• Assist in the maintenance of Auditorium Headquarters building;
• Assist in the preparation of bidding documents for goods, works and services within approved threshold for bidding;
• Assist in preparing quarterly procurement status report; and
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Senior Assistant Registrar - Procurement and the Executive Secretary.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Higher School Diploma/Degree in accounting, business management or a similar field preferred; and
• Two years of experience as a procurement officer or in similar position.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software;
• Good analytical and strategic thinking skills; and
• Supervisory and management experience.
• Performance-based promotion or until the incumbent reaches the compulsory retirement age of 60 years.
Remuneration is equivalent to that of a Principal Administrative Assistant in a public university in Ghana.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the Search Committee, Ghana Academy, through email address:
Hard copy applications should also be submitted to the Search Committee at the physical address already indicated.
The application pack whether electronic or hard copy should contain the following:
• Application letter;
• An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
• Copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates; and
• For the positions of Executive Secretary and Procurement Officer, a statement of about 2,500 words indicating how the applicants intend to promote the strategic plan of the Academy.
30 Jun, 2023
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.