Bagabaga College of Education
Education / Training
Job Vacancy For Principal At Bagabaga College of Education (Tamale)
Applications are invited for the position of Principal of Bagabaga College of Education, Tamale.
• The College Principal is the chief academic, administrative and disciplinary officer and is accountable to the Governing Council of the College.
• The Principal is responsible for ensuring that decisions of the Council are implemented.
• The Principal has authority over all staff and students of the College subject to the Unified Statutes of Colleges of Education.
• The Principal should be capable of meeting challenges posed by the transition of the College to tertiary status,
The Principal is responsible for:
• The assignment of staff subject to the provisions of the Harmonized Statutes of Colleges of Education
• The discipline and supervision of staff and students
• The preparation of the annual estimates of income and expenditure for consideration by Council
• Ensuring that Council is provided on a regular basis, all relevant reports including reports of committees of Council.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be of unblemished character and must have a high degree of personal integrity
• Must be a distinguished master, teacher and scholar
• Must have a relevant Masters degree with Education component.A research-based
• Masters degree with Education component is an added advantage
• Must not be below the rank of Senior Lecturer or Deputy Director (GES),
• Relevant experience at the tertiary education level is an added advantage
• Must have relevant post-qualification senior management experience of at least five (5) years,
• Must have proven leadership skills and must be a team player,
• Must have the ability to inspire confidence and motivate staff,
• Must be able to complete a four-year term before attaining the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60),
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates should provide the following:
• Application Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Names and addresses of three (3) referees
• A two page vision statement for the College
• An appraisal by the Head of Institution
Applications should reach the following address by Monday, 30th November. 2015
Bagabaga College Of Education, Tamale
Post Office Box ER35,
Closing Date: 30 November, 2015