Gaming Commission of Ghana
Job Vacancy For Principal Legal Officer
To provide technical and operational support in the management of legal matters for the achievement of the mandate of the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide input in the formulation of policies of the Commission
• Ensure effective and efficient management of resources in the unit of
• Provide legal advice on matters relating to the operations the Commission
• Liaise with the Attorney-General’s department and other stakeholders for the preparation and review of legal documentation relating to the mandate of the Commission
• Oversee the development and maintenance of a comprehensive database on legal activities of the Commission
• Provide dispute and alternative dispute resolution services for the Commission
• Represent the Commission on matters that may be brought before the court of law
• Provide input for the preparation and review of legal documents relating to the Commission’s mandate
• Supervise the collation of data for the preparation of the budget and annual work plan of the unit.
• Supervise the collation of data for the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the unit.
• Ensure the implementation of performance management policy in the unit.
• Supervise and appraise the performance of subordinate staff in the unit.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of Master’s degree in Law (LLM) from an accredited tertiary institution.• Must have been called to the Ghana Bar (Barrister-at-law)
• A minimum of six (6) years post call relevant work experience in a reputable organisation.
• Must pass a competitive selection interview conducted by the Gaming Commission in collaboration with the public services commission.
• Good leadership, networking, monitoring and management skills.
• Very good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Very good negotiation, diplomacy and lobbying skills.
• Very good knowledge and experience of the Gaming industry. Good quantitative, qualitative and analytical skills.
• Very good knowledge of relevant laws and legal practices
• Good knowledge of public financial management, procurement, budgeting and auditing regulations.
• Knowledge of labour laws and regulations
• Knowledge of relevant IT applications.
• Good knowledge of international relations.
• High integrity, confidentiality, firm and fair.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons with mandatory qualifications and work experience should send their applications with resumes and copies of their educational and professional certificates to:
The Games Commissioner
Gaming Commission of Ghana
PMB 195, KIA
Closing Date: 30 November, 2022