Administration and Finance
• Annual Salary: USD 52,273 - USD 59,100
Director, Administration & Finance
Under the supervision of the Director of Administration and Finance, the Principal Administration and Human Resources Officer shall be responsible for providing administrative services and human resources management of the Organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure the planning, coordination and control of the activities of the Directorate;
• Be responsible for staff organization and discipline including attendance, leave roster, writing schedule of duties, recruitment of auxiliary staff (interview and drafting of appointment letters, transport control and filing system);
• Be responsible for the organization of the postage and postal services of the organization;
• Assist in the preparation of the budget of the organization;
• Ensure smooth operation of the ongoing administrative functions including work environment, space, equipment and information retrieval system;
• Assist in identifying the operational needs and develop and support the implementation of the organisation’s Annual Procurement Plan;
• Provide input into the Department’s budget/work programme, and monitor unit’s budget and programme of work;
• Monitoring payments to vendors and individual contractors for services rendered;
• Coordinate shipment/freights, customs clearances and the preparation of all related documention;
• Supervise other Administration and human resources staff;
• Provide information to staff regarding office administration procedures, processes and practices;
• Ensure the implementation of all the initiatives that will enable a rational management of the material, human resources (logistics and procedures);
• Ensure the preparation of objective, accurate, coherent reports in conformity with ECOWAS Rules and Regulations;
• Ensure the efficient reporting of actions implemented and results to the Director of Administration and Finance;
• Ensure internal and external visibility of the actions and results of the Directorate;
• Ensure coherence of the actions and activities implemented with specific objectives of the Directorate and the general objectives of the Institution;
• Define the main orientations of controls and indicators to be put in place, as well as the framework for reporting to the General Management;
• Advise the Director of Administration and Finance on issues regarding staff suitability for appointments, welfare and discipline and other type of staff movements; management of staff relations, trends and developments in the areas of material, financial and human resources.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Human Resources, or any of the the Social Sciences from a recognised University.
• At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, Human Resources, Mangement out of which must be in a managerial position. . A higher degree will reduce the number of years experience by two (2) years.
• Experience with a regional or international organisation is desirable.
Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Abilities)
• Ability to apply knowledge of various ECOWAS administrative, financial and human resources policies, regulations and procedures in work situations;
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills (oral and written), which requires good judgment, tact and diplomacy;
• Demonstrated leadership ability;
• Demonstrated ability to work within a multinational environment and with a diverse group of people and organisations at the national, regional and international levels;
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work load, set and meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and attend to details;
• Abililty to use a wide range of office automation equipment;
• Knowledge of advanced computer packages is essential.
Applicants must not be over 50 years of age at the point of recruitment.
Applicants must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS: English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants may use the application form to apply indicating the position(s) they are interested in.
Interested candidates should download the application form
, fill it and send it together with their CV as an email attachment to the following email address:
• Applicants should indicate in the body of their forwarding mail, the title(s) of the position(s) they are applying for.
• NB: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATES TO THE APPLICATION EMAIL
• ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
• Applicants experiencing difficulties sending their application with a hotmail or windows live email account should forward their application via other mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information.
• Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information. Please call this number from Monday to Friday between 9AM and 5PM (GMT+1).
04 December, 2015