The National Development Planning Commission (NDPC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons, who are dynamic, goal-oriented and results-driven with exceptional leadership qualities for appointment to the under-mentioned positions. Job Title:
Principal Officers JOB PURPOSE:
• Under the direction and guidance of the Chief Manager, provide professional support for the provision and effective management of service delivery in their respective units. Duties and Responsibilities (Applicable to both Principal Officers)
• Scrutinise tendering arrangements and other means of obtaining competitive prices to comply with the National, Procurement, Contract and Financial procedure/rules
• Monitor contractual and procurement action, implement Contract Close-out and recommends termination where necessary
• Ensure contract compliance and performance management in the implementation of goods, works and services contracts in collaboration with clients Qualification Required & Experience Qualification and Experience (Principal Officers)
• Must possess a Master’s Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, IT or relevant field as applicable from a recognized Tertiary Institution
• Must have a minimum of nine (9) years post qualification working experience of which at least three (3) have been in senior management.
• Membership of a recognised and relevant professional body.
• Knowledge of human resources, management, procurement, supply chain management, information technology and systems as applicable.
• Knowledge of budget and financial management principles and practices, specifically of the Public Financial Management Act 2016, the National Labour Act, Internal Audit Agency Act and the Public Procurement Act.
• Proficiency in the use of computers and an understanding of systems management.
• Knowledge in ICT including Microsoft Office suite and statistical analysis softwares. Competencies in (Principal Officers):
• The Labour Laws, Financial Administration, Internal Audit Agency and the Public Procurement Acts
• Leadership, Organisational, Communication, Interpersonal and Presentation Skills
• Performance Management skills
• Negotiation, Collective bargaining and lobbying skills
• project and programmes management
• ICT skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit in an A4 size envelope the under-listed:
• Application letter
• Curriculum vitae with biographic data, contact information, names and addresses of two (2) referees
• Copies of academic and professional certificates (you will need to bring the original if you are shortlisted for an interview)
• Evidence of good standing with academic and professional institution if profession is regulated by law
• Vision statement for Director positions only on how applicant intends to respond to the constitutional mandate and mission of the Commission (2-4 pages long on A4-size paper)
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Applications should be submitted via post or hand-delivered to: The Human Resources Department National Development Planning Commission No.13 Switchback Road P.O. Box CT633 Cantonments-Accra
Or email to: [email protected] WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY Closing Date:
18 December, 2020