Programmes & Projects
• Annual Salary: USD 52,273 - USD 59,100
Director, Programmes & Projects
Under the supervision of the Director of Programmes and Projects, the incumbent will be responsible for the effective implementation of projects and programmes in the Directorate.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake technical assistance needs assessments of member states and initiate suitable projects to meet those needs;
• Carry out specific research and evaluation tasks that may be determined by the Director General;
• Prepare and disseminate, as appropriate, work plans, terms of reference, and all project-related documentation;
• Ensure that capacity building component of project is conducted in a timely and satisfactory manner.
• Initiate and maintain liaisons with national and international stakeholders and secure agreements on their respective contributions and participation according to set objectives and timeframes;
• In the implementation phase, initiate, coordinate, manage, adjust, monitor and execute activities to achieve timely and predetermined results according to the standards set out in the project agreement;
• Coordinate and oversee the preparation of reports for presentation to the Director General on budget/programme performance or on programmatic/substantive issues, as appropriate;
• Ensure that programmed activities are carried out in a timely fashion and coordinated with implementation partners; ensure that reports are timely, clear, objective and supported by comprehensive data;
• Prepare and disseminate terms of reference for evaluations;
• Plan, organize and provide administrative support to project evaluation mission;
• Organize and implement training and capacity building within Member States in accordance with relevant project documents and guidelines;
• Supervise staff under the program division;
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree Administration; Management, Criminology, Law, Public Policy, the Social Sciences or any other related field of study.
• At least 10 years of experience as Principal Offficer in Project Management, Development Cooperation, Capacity Building and Training, two (2) of which must be in a mangerial position. . A post-graduate degree will reduce the number of years experience by two (2) years.
• Experience with a regional or international organisation is desirable;
• Working experience in the public sector would be an asset.
Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Abilities)
• Knowledge of or familiarity with measures against economic and financial crimes, including money laundering and terrorist financing;
• Good social and communication experience in working effectively with government officials as well as multi- and bilateral agencies;
• Proven team work experience and decision-making skills that produced needed results, including selective use of innovations to deal with challenges and opportunities;
• Proven ability to advise on and effectively manage high profile and sensitive project implementation challenges, ability to develop and manage capacity building platforms, in-depth knowledge of political trends, public attitudes, local conditions and developments;
• Ability to build effective partnership networks;
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
• Ability to prepare and present information in a concise, accurate and persuasive manner;
• Ability to defend and explain difficult issues with respect to key decisions and positions of projects to various stakeholders, including government officials;
• Effective interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a complex multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective work relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
• Sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
• Demonstrated understanding of the normal practices, cultures, socio-economic circumstances and national issues within the region, including ECOWAS integration policy;
• Excellent computer skills.
• Sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
• Observable sense of justice and self-control in the face of any challenge;
• Sound knowledge and practical use of computer systems;
• Practical knowledge in the organization and management of large meetings, especially multilateral meetings, as this will be a core function under this post.
Applicants must not be over 50 years of age at the point of recruitment.
Applicants must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS: English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants may use the application form to apply indicating the position(s) they are interested in.
Interested candidates should download the application form
, fill it and send it together with their CV as an email attachment to the following email address:
• Applicants should indicate in the body of their forwarding mail, the title(s) of the position(s) they are applying for.
• NB: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATES TO THE APPLICATION EMAIL
• ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
• Applicants experiencing difficulties sending their application with a hotmail or windows live email account should forward their application via other mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information.
• Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information. Please call this number from Monday to Friday between 9AM and 5PM (GMT+1).
04 December, 2015