Plan International Ghana is looking for a Procurement and Grants Coordinator to effectively work with a team of professionals and deliver high quality programming and results for a project titled “Women’s Innovation for Sustainable Enterprises (WISE)”. The WISE Project seeks to leverage the enormous potential and agency of Ghanaian women entrepreneurs aged 19 to 55 years in rural and peri-urban areas by employing both demand- and supply-side interventions to contribute to increased realization of rights to economic empowerment, well-being and inclusive economic growth in 3 districts in Bono and Ahafo regions (Sunyani Municipal, Tano North and Techiman Municipal) and 2 districts in Northern region (Kumbungu and Tolon). The project will start in February 2020, has a duration of 4 years, and a budget of over 5.5 million EUR.
Dimension of Role:
• Participates in the preparation of grants-related project budget and its subsequent modifications to ensure it meets Plan and donor requirements.
• Provide support towards a budgetary control system to monitor grant budget vs. expenditure, and advises Project Accountant on variances and corrective actions required to be taken
• Supports Grants Reporting to ensure they meet donor requirements
• One Front Desk Assistant, 2 Drivers, and 1 Janitors report to the role
• The post-holder will be based in Tamale but travel to project districts where the WISE project operates for approximately 30% of her/his time.
Procurement and Logistic support functions:
• Process purchase and supply of goods and materials for WISE project as per the Plan International Operational Manuel (OPM), local procedures and policies to ensure value for money is obtained at all times
• Assist in the preparation and processing of bidding documents for public tender offers to ensure a fair and transparent process for securing the services of consultants and contractors
• Ensure the effective allocation, utilization and management of vehicles for Plan’s activities as per FOB, local policy and local procedures with low incidence of vehicular accidents and reduced cost of repairs and maintenance.
• Ensure the adequate supply of utilities and maintenance of office equipment and machinery for the smooth flow of work in the office with minimum disruption of work outflow
• Ensure the effective management of stores to ensure the effective implementation of program activities with no reports or incidents on mismanagement of stores
• Review, update and maintain the Fixed Assets Register for the PU to keep and track all assets with no reports of loss of assets
• Ensure the office & its environment are well kept and maintained to facilitate the smooth flow of office work without any adverse disruptions
• Ensure Plan’s offices and staff are insured to safeguard life and property at all times to ensure that staff work effectively without any fear of non-protection
• Ensure Fixtures, fittings & utilities for expatriate staff are provided to ensure that they are well-settled for work without complaints about their living conditions
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics, Business in Administration, Accounting and ICA Ghana Part 2 or ACCA Foundation (Level 2) or equivalent
• At least 3-4 years working experience in a similar position.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Internet Software and Power Point).
• Fair knowledge in grants
• Fair knowledge of project planning, management, supervision, monitoring and evaluation tools
• Understanding of International Donor requirements.
• Strong training and presentation skills
• Communication Skills (both oral and written skills)Ability to build internal and external networks
• Strong team building skills
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
• Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
• Good coordination skills
• Good Judgment and negotiation skills
• Promotes innovation and learning
• Communicates effectively and enthusiastically
• Behaves consistently in his/her approach to work and decision-making
• Communicates clearly and effectively
• Ability to facilitate participative processes for all stakeholders implementing the WISE projects
• Strong team building skills
• Independence, objectivity and integrity
• Organized, methodic and meticulous
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
28 February, 2020