Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
• Implementation of operational strategies
• Support to procurement processes
• Implementation of sourcing strategy
• Control of CO Assets
• Provision of logistical services
• Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
• Provision of inputs to the CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement and Logistics in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
Supports procurement processes for CO, NEX/DEX projects and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Provision of inputs to preparation of procurement plans for the office.
• Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
• Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, vendor creation in Atlas, maintenance of the filing system in the procurement Unit. • Buyers profile in Atlas.
• Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
• Provision of information for preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Secondary Education with specialized training in procurement. University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
• 5 years of relevant administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
30 November, 2019