Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures implementation of the operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control.
• CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement and Logistics in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
2. Organizes procurement processes for CO, NIM/DIM projects and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and their implementation monitoring.
• Organization of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
• Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, vendors’ creation in Atlas. . Buyers profile in Atlas.
• Preparation of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
• Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
• Presentation of reports on procurement in the CO.
• Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
• Implementation of joint procurement processes for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform/Business Operation Strategy (BOS)
3. Ensures implementation of sourcing strategy focusing on achievement of the following result:
• Development and update of the rosters of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation.
4. Ensures proper control of CO Assets and logistics services focusing on achievement of the following result:
• Preparation of inventory reports.
• Implementation of Inventory and physical verification control in the CO and projects.
• Organization of vehicle maintenance and conference facilities arrangements
• Review vendor information and ensure its compliance with organization policies, requirements and SOP;
• Create/Modify vendors in ATLAS
• Maintenance of vendor profile in Atlas
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
• Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Secondary Education with specialized training in procurement.
• University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
• 6 years of progressively responsible administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
22 April, 2019