Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 60 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of $173 million. Job Summary
ACDI/ VOCA, a nonprofit international development organization based in Washington, DC, is seeking candidates for regional positions throughout West Africa. All candidates must be fluent in French and English.
We are currently seeking a Procurement & Commodity Management Specialist to provide technical assistance to headquarters and field offices and backstop all food aid commodity management issues. The Procurement & Commodity Management Specialist will report to HQ; location TBD.
• Work closely with project teams during start-up to prioritize procurement and commodity requirements and develop procurement strategy and management plan.
• Support COPs In conducting meetings With donor commodity team to discuss operational approaches.
• Collaborate with Finance and Project Management teams to ensure all procurement systems are in place within 30 days from award.
• Routinely visit projects and provide virtual support to project staff In local and regional procurement efforts and commodity management.
• Assist project teams in managing local and/or regional procurement of commodities including the use of vouchers in emergency or development food aid programs.
• Review monthly commodity status and inventory valuation reports for food aid programs.
• Assist In the design of local and regional procurement strategies including the use of vouchers for emergency or development too aid program proposals.
• Contribute to new ACDI/VOCA strategies related to commodity management and local and regional procurement. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of five years' experience in USAID/ international development procurement with specific experience in commodity management.
• Experience in procuring commodities locally regionally in a donor-funded food aid program or private sector commodity procurement such as commercial grain trade.
• Must be fluent in English and French
• Master's degree required in international development, agriculture, finance, economics or other related field preferred.
• Experience with multi-media applications, Power Point, Excel and other Microsoft programs.
• Demonstrated excellence in oral, written and reading comprehension. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Please apply by sending a CV in english to:- [email protected]
with Procurement and Commodity Management Specialist in the Subject line. Closing Date:
06 September, 2015
No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted
Women are encouraged to apply. EOE